God help us all, Josh Duggar is a father again. He and his wife Anna welcomed their fourth child, a baby girl, over the weekend, and I’m really scared for this poor baby, given that her father’s a child molester and all. Yes, yes, I know he’s “reformed” and it was a long time ago and all that, but give me a break – you don’t just suddenly grow out of your sexual deviance, you just get sneakier about it. I mean, look at his face – he’s terrifying.
Josh posted the above photo to his Instagram page on Sunday, along with the following caption:
Announcing the arrival of Meredith Grace Duggar — 7lbs 14 ozs, 20-1/2in — Anna and Meredith are resting & doing well!
To be honest, I’m not sure how CPS hasn’t gotten involved with this family after the truth came out, but whatever. Just leave innocent children in danger! No prob! The pair already have a 5-year-old daughter named Mackenzie, a 4-year-old son Michael and a 2-year-old son Marcus. I don’t even have any “congrats” to give on this one.
Well, it’s official. While TLC had put the Duggar cult’s bafflingly popular show, 19 Kids and Counting, on immediate hiatus once the molestation allegations against Josh Duggar came to light. Well, now it’s official: the network has officially canceled the series and it’s never coming back. Yeehaw!
“Together, we believe we can help families that have been affected by this terrible crime and make sure that parents and others have the knowledge and tools they need to help keep kids safe,” RAINN said in a statement on Thursday.
Marjorie Kaplan, the Discovery executive who oversees TLC, told the Associated Press that “we have a real obligation and an opportunity” to educate people about the prevalence of child sexual abuse.
“The goal is to take what has been a difficult and painful experience, and focus that attention on the really critical issue of child protection and child sexual abuse,” Kaplan said.
No loss there. The fewer messed up religious cults on our TV screens, the better. Bye bye, Duggar family! Hope to see you never!
Fox News really knew how to drag this one out. Earlier this week, they played an hour long interview with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar regarding their son Josh Duggar‘s history of molesting underage girls. Last night, it was Jessa & Jill’s turn to speak out on their big brother’s behalf, especially considering they were two of his victims. Megyn Kelly didn’t really ask any hard-hitting questions, but that’s fine – the girls were more than willing to defend Josh’s honour and insist that he’s a changed man and that it’s this whole media rigamarole that’s been more of a “re-victimization” than when Josh molested them. Yikes.
Here’s what we learned from the interview.
Jill and Jessa were 12 and “9 or 10″ respectively when Josh molested them. They say they were both unaware of the abuse until their parents spoke with them (separately) to inform them of what happened.
Josh was “sent away” from the house following the reveal of his abuse, which made the girls “sad” because “he’s our brother – we were kids”. However, when he came back, they found he was a changed man and agreed to grant him “forgiveness with boundaries”.
While Josh did remain in the house, there were apparently “safeguards” put in place to keep the girls safe, including locks on their doors and not allowing Josh to babysit his younger siblings.
In general, both Jill and Jessa seemed brainwashed into believing that we’re all taking sexual abuse too seriously. Jill called their abuse “very mild compared to what some go through” (?????), while Jessa explained it so much more eloquently (LOL): “I do want to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester or pedophile or rapist, as some people are saying. That’s so overboard and a lie, really. People will get mad at me for saying, but I can say this. I was one of the victims, you know? So I can speak out and set the record straight here… In Josh’s case, he as a boy — a young boy in puberty — and he was a little too curious about girls. And that got him in trouble. He made some bad choices, but the extent of it was mild inappropriate touching on clothed victims, most of which while girls were sleeping.” Sigh!
Confronted with the irony that Josh is an outspoken critic of LGBT lifestyles, Jessa said this gem: “That’s right. It’s right to say, ‘Here’s what I believe, here’s my values,’ even if you’ve made stupid mistakes or had failures. Even if you’ve had failures in your past, it doesn’t mean you can’t be changed. The real issue is that people are making this sound like it was yesterday, but it happened 12 years ago when he was a child himself. So I think seeing the change in his life — we witnessed it, we know.” Yikes.
You can watch the complete interview below, but I warn you, your brain will probably melt inside your skull.
Why am I not surprised that Sarah Palin would a) defend Josh Duggar being a sexual predator b) try to make the issue about something else entirely by going for a “liberal” to distract from the real issue? That’s indeed what’s happened, however. You see, Sarah thinks it’s bad of us to condemn the Duggars for their deplorable behavior when Lena Dunham ostensibly molested her younger sister as a child.
I’m just going to embed Palin’s entire Facebook post here, because it’s pretty lengthy and oh, believe you me, it’s worth reading:
HEY LENA, WHY NOT LAUGH OFF EVERYONE'S SEXUAL "EXPERIMENTS" AS YOU HAUGHTILY ENJOY REWARDS FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSION? YOU…
A few observations/comments now that we’ve all made it through that:
1. Lena Dunham IS deplorable. What she did was not only completely unacceptable, but the fact that she found it “story-worthy” and an endearing anecdote to put in her memoir is disturbing. I cannot stand Dunham (for more than that reason, but that’s a MAJOR one) and I do believe what she did counts as sexual abuse.
2. That being said, Dunham’s behavior literally has zero to do with Josh Duggar’s. They don’t know one another, they’ve never met, they’re not in the same circle… I mean, what? Only Palin could turn what is an issue that affects EVERYONE into a political one. She should be ashamed of herself, but I feel like we should know by now that’s not a feeling she’s capable of.
3. The reason everyone is going after Josh Duggar – who, let’s be clear, is a SERIAL OFFENDER who continued to commit these acts of pedophilia, molestation, and incest over a NUMBER of years and seemingly thought it was funny – AND his family is because the family is in this together. Not only did they do nothing to protect their daughters – HIS VICTIMS – but they did everything to conceal what he did from everyone and have consistently lied about it since. It’s disgusting.
4. Just because Dunham did something terrible doesn’t preclude Josh Duggar from doing something terrible or anyone else, either. There’s room enough for more than one asshole in this world. Palin’s entire Republican party proves that on a daily basis. You know, if you want to make it about politics.
Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar sat down with Megyn Kelly for Fox News yesterday to talk about their son Josh Duggar‘s history as a molester of underage girls, four of which happen to be his sisters (the other was a babysitter). While Josh’s parents say they were “devastated” by the realization that their son was a sex offender who “made bad choices”, they seemed to be more devastated by the idea that their TLC series was getting canceled so doing an interview about their son’s criminal behavior seemed the right thing to do.
In case you missed it, here are a few things that were said during the interview.
- Jim Bob & Michelle pulled Josh out of the house after discovering his behaviour and then said that they put “safeguards in place” to protect their daughters, though they refused to say what those safeguards were.
- The parents claim that more than one of Josh’s sisters was only “single digits” in age when Josh molested them, and they “didn’t understand” what had happened to them. Jim Bob & Michelle also claimed that the news of Josh’s molestation was more traumatizing to his victims than the actual molestation itself. Yes, seriously.
- Jim Bob & Michelle sent Josh off to a “Christian-based man” in Arkansas who “works with young men” to help cure him of his predatory ways.
- This gem: “Josh came to us. He was crying. He had just turned 14 and he said he had improperly touched some of our daughters. He said he was just curious about girls and he had gone in and just basically touched them over their clothes while they were sleeping. They didn’t even know he had done it.
- Jim Bob & Michelle also claim they “did the best [they] could”.
Well, that’s special. This family is a fucking mess and needs to disappear forever, and that’s the least of it. I feel so bad for their 19 kids – every last one of them, because they’re all victims in various ways, especially Josh. His parents have failed him and all the other kids in so many ways. It’s a wonder the rest of them are even functioning in society.
When you’re part of a fucked up cult made up of your spouse and your 19 children, and one of those children molests 5 underage girls and you try to cover it up but then it comes out and your TLC show gets canceled because that’s the very least you deserve, what’s left to do? Well, you can go on Fox News and chat with Megyn Kelly for some more money/publicity to strike while the iron’s still hot, because it surely won’t be for much longer. That’s exactly what Jim Bob Duggar and his wife Michelle will be doing!
“Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time,” the posted in a joint statement.
In a statement released by Fox, the network said Kelly will speak with the Duggar parents about molestation allegations brought against their oldest son, Josh Duggar, that occurred 12 years ago. According to a 2006 police report published by In Touch, Josh Duggar, now a married 27-year-old with three children, sexually molested five girls as far back as 2002, when Duggar was 14 years old. Duggar’s own sisters were among the alleged victims.
The interview will take place at the Duggar family home in Arkansas and additional portions will air during a one-hour Kelly File special on Friday, June 5th at 9 p.m. ET.
The exclusive sit-down interview will air Wednesday, June 3 at 9 p.m. ET on Fox News’ The Kelly File.
Sounds riveting. What could these weirdos possibly have to say about this entire thing? What excuse could they offer? What more is there to talk about? Nothing will make up for Josh’s horrendous actions, or the backward ass thinking of this entire family. No thanks.
This weird thing always happens where, when a serious scandal is uncovered, all this proof that it was going on over the years is suddenly looked back upon and everyone’s like, “Oh shit, how did we not see this?” Such is the case with Josh Duggar, who molested a bunch of underage girls and is basically a complete and under shitbag. Turns out, he wasn’t all that secretive about his disgusting ways and on a 2008 episode of 19 Kids and Counting, he made a weird incest joke that – knowing what we know now – comes off is really, REALLY creepy.
I don’t even know what to say about this, to be honest. This man is disgusting, and the fact that he has a daughter is terrifying. I hope someone steps in before it’s too late. You don’t suddenly just “get over” it and start being a decent human being.