Way back last April, Ke$ha did an ad for PETA to speak out against the clubbing of poor little baby seals. As usual, everyone was either all “ugh, PETA” or “yay, PETA,” but that meant that no one really got the point. The point was that underneath all that glitter and semen, Ke$ha really has a heart of gold. And as you can see by the new video she did with the Humane Society, that heart of gold is still shining on.
Because I enjoy it and it’s an easy way to start a discussion, I’m going to provide a list of comments and questions for your perusal:
– I’m not super familiar with the clubbing of seals, so I’m not going to make any bold statements. I know that people have clubbed seals in the past, and that’s sad, but I’ve read that the clubbing of seals is actually illegal, or if not illegal, then it’s very very rarely done. What’s up with this, please?
– And why just baby seals? Is there an age limit of clubbable seals? I’m really not trying to make a joke, I’m just curious.
– Speaking of baby seals, BABY SEALS. How adorable is this video? You know, besides all the parts about the baby seals dying, and that one weird shot of some dude running up to a seal and raising a club over his head.
– What’s with Ke$ha’s voice? Judging by that flatness, she really doesn’t seem too concerned about the baby seals, does she? She was able to convey much, much more passion when she was commenting on the fabled buffet of dicks than when she speaks about the deaths of animals she cares about. That’s weird, huh?
– But really, these seals are so, so incredibly precious. I can’t even with this, it’s too much.
Did I miss anything?