Whitney Cummings is finally done irritating television viewers. After 2 seasons on NBC, Whitney has been cancelled. Personally I never really had a problem with her, and some parts of the show were actually funny, but as a whole series it was pretty messy and I’m gonna throw the word dreadful out there as well. Because I don’t use the word dreadful enough. People really seemed to dislike her though, and the ratings dip reflected that, which is most likely why NBC let her go.
From The Huffington Post:
The network’s decision to cancel “Whitney” doesn’t come as surprise after ratings dipped to less than 3 million viewers.
The sitcom, created by and starrting comedian and “Chelsea Lately” roundtable regular Whitney Cummings, drew almost 7 million viewers when it first premiered in September 2011, but ratings quickly dipped, hovering around 4 million viewers a week for its first season.
At one point they moved the show to Friday, which is where sitcoms go to die.
Anyone here watch the show? Anyone here sad to see it go?
May 10, 2013 at 4:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
David Hasselhoff was honored with a Comedy Central roast last night and while the show isn’t set to air until August 15th, I went ahead and pulled some photos for you. Here are my thoughts:
- While The Hoff is famous enough to get roasted, shouldn’t we still be punishing him for the cheeseburger phone call?
- Nicole Eggert looks like she’s suffering from the worst case of coke bloat ever.
- Whitney Cummings’ dress won the red carpet
- Pam Anderson. American (but actually Canadian) Classic. Can’t not love her.
- Traci Bingham is the ultimate example of “black don’t crack”. She could pass for a 20-something.
Are you looking forward to watching the roast?