Here’s how my day starts: I wake up, I snuggle with my boyfriend until I’m on the brink of peeing my pants, I go to the bathroom, I check on the dogs, I check my email, and then I check up on good ol’ Evil Beet. Today, I got through all those steps admirably, and then once I got to the last one, I noticed that, in the morning links, there was a link titled “10 things you may not know about Emma Stone.” Talk about starting a day off right.
Just in case you don’t check out the links as much as you should (and you really should), I’m going to be a doll and let you know those ten facts:
1. Emma dropped out of high school at 15 to pursue acting full-time. She eventually finished via home schooling.
2. Emma’s natural hair color is blonde. When she was a teenager she dyed it brown. But, it was Judd Apatow who was the first one to suggest to her to change her hair color to red for her role in Superbad.
3. Alongside Rumer Willis and Katharine McPhee, Emma covered “I Know What Boys Want” by The Waitresses for The House Bunny.
4. She learned to play bass for her role in The Rocker.
5. In 2008, Emma was romantically linked to her The Rocker co-star, Teddy Geiger.
6. Emma is really good friends with her Superbad co-star Jonah Hill. She’s also close friends with Taylor Swift.
7. She convinced her parents to let her move to Hollywood and pursue acting by making a PowerPoint presentation to Madonna’s song “Hollywood”.
8. Emma auditioned for the role of Claire Bennet on NBC’s ‘Heroes’. She told Vanity Fair in their August issue, “I could hear that, in the other room, a girl had just gone in and they were saying, ‘You are our pick … On a scale of 1 to 10 you’re an 11… I went home and just had this meltdown”. The girl in the other room was Hayden Panettiere.
9. When she was younger, Emma was really into HTML and web design.
10. While growing up in Arizona, Emma acted in a local theatre production of The Wiz with future American Idol winner Jordin Sparks.
So there you have it. Now we know that the glorious Emma Stone can play the bass, is BFFs with Taylor Swift, and makes really impressive PowerPoints. I think I’ll go ahead and start building her a shrine now.