Today's Evil Beet Gossip

It’s Not Looking Good For Bret Michaels

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital last Thursday after experiencing major blood loss near his brain stem. The Rock of Love star is still in intensive care, and while his Facebook page has been updated with a hopeful message, it still sounds pretty severe to me:

“We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal.”

According to TMZ, who spoke with Ceders-Sainai Medical Center, people who suffer from injuries like Bret’s have a 20-30% chance of experiencing more hemorrhaging, and typically those who experience a second bout of bleeding do not survive. In fact, the mortality rate for those who experience a second hemorrhage or “recurrent bleeding” is a grim 70%.

10 CommentsLeave a comment

  • I realize it’s probably an automatic function, but that “You Might Also Like” suggestion list running along the bottom of this article is about as tacky, ghoulish and disrespectful as you can get. Is there any way you can remove it from your more serious articles?

      • “fuck you evilbeetdouche and your sissy, crybaby ways.”

        I agree with Mike, and if you must be fucking morbid do not suggest links to some shit that isn’t even fucking remotely related. That “You might also like:” LinkWithin” is a stupid, ill conceived add on to this site.

        If it were properly done we would see links to Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Corey Haim, and the like.

  • Just heard that Bret Michaels is in ICU at Cedar Sinai Hospital with severe hemorraging at the base of his brain. I am praying that he will pull through. I met him at the ADA walk in September and he was such a great guy. Wow, if they cannot stop the bleeding or if he starts more hemorraging he could actually die, that’s how serious it is. Just say a prayer. he is a great guy….we cannot take a celebrity diabetic who is “out there” about his care to have this happen to him. I have a charity for women with diabetes and he was so great to pose with all the fans in September….you can go to my Catherine Schuller Facebook page and see pics of him and Aida Romaine….

    • Why are you praying for his recovery? Isn’t this what God wants otherwise it would never have happened. Why do you hate God?

  • I think God is punishing him for hitting his head and looking like a fool at the music awards last year or whatever program that was.

    • Wow. No, you’re not an asshole at all……nope. Not. One. Bit.

      I hope he gets better. Every radio show or interview I’ve ever seen/heard him on, he has been incredibly nice and surprisingly down to earth. He seems like a genuinely nice guy (albeit one who dates whores) and this was just some unfortunate incident. Best of luck Bret.

  • Here is hoping that Bret makes a full recovery. I am a big fan and have been since Poison. Please keep Bret in your thoughts and prayers. It all helps not only Bret, but his beautiful daughters as well.