Is there an awards show more useless than the MTV Movie Awards? I’ve yet to find it. Anyway, the MTV Movie Awards happened with a bunch of “celebs” I didn’t even know or recognize (seriously, this red carpet hit new heights of “who the f-ck are these people”), and they mostly all wore hideous outfits. Let’s take a gander!
Make your picks for BEST, WORST, AND WTF look of the night!
One thing’s for sure: crop tops aren’t going anywhere, and Rihanna was wearing a damn bathing suit.
April 14, 2014 at 12:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
The MTV Music Video Awards are being held in Brooklyn this year, because some executive somewhere is just now hearing that BK is like, super cool. And what else is super cool? Boy band reunions. Wait am I being sarcastic? I don’t think so. Because rumor is that someone out there is toying with the idea of doing everything they can to reunite *NSYNC for the VMA’s. And honestly…that would…be…AWESOME.
But only if they actually reunited for a song/performance. Getting them all on stage in front of a podium to give out an award for Most Improved Wardrobe or whatever the f-ck the VMA’s gives awards for DOES NOT COUNT. So if they’re gonna do that, save Timberlake the trouble (because he’s obviously the only one who is ever going to hold out, let’s be real).
From the Daily News:
Producers of the Barclays blowout set for Sunday night are “trying to make it happen,” an MTV source told US Weekly, adding that the much anticipated reunion is steadily “coming together.”
This year’s MTV bash will see top nominee Timberlake, 32, adorned with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, which is probably why a reunion was thought up.
So there you go, that’s all we got to go on. I do not think it will happen, but lord knows that with Lady Gaga and Katy Perry and even Miley performing, we’ll still have lots of great GIFs for years to come.
August 20, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
The MTV Movie Awards were last night and dozens of people gave a f-ck. The rest thought, whatever. Oh and a few of us are still cringing from Aubrey Plaza’s bizarre attempt at being funny or…something. One fashion trend I noticed was that every woman got skinny as f-ck. Also looking at these photos made me realize I don’t know who the hell most of these people are.
Keep in mind that since it’s the MTV Movie Awards and no one gives a f-ck, I’m being really lenient here.
Here are the best, worst, and most memorable looks of the evening.
April 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Shain Gandee of MTV’s reality show Buckwild was found dead this morning. The whole case is kind of bizarre. Here’s what The Huffington Post reported.
In a statement released Monday morning, the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department reported the MTV reality star as missing. However, authorities later confirmed that the 21-year-old was found dead in a truck in Sissonville, W. Va., along with two other bodies, the Charleston Gazette reports.
ABC affiliate WCHS-TV reports that a man on a four-wheeler spotted the three unresponsive people in a vehicle on Wolf Pen Road Monday morning. After emergency services responded, the three were confirmed dead.
According to Kanawha County Commissioner Kent Carper, the body of Gandee’s 48-year-old uncle, David Gandee, was also recovered, local CBS affiliate WOWK-TV reports. The identity of the third body has not been released.
In the missing persons advisory, police said Gandee was last seen with his uncle at Larry’s Bar in Sissonville at about 3 a.m. on March 31. Both men were reported missing overnight after family and friends could not locate them throughout the day.
The two men told others that they planned on going “four-wheeling” in the younger Gandee’s Ford Bronco, police said. However, the men did not specify exactly where they planned to drive off-road. The red-and-white vehicle was last seen leaving the parking lot of Larry’s Bar early Sunday morning.
From what it sounds like, there weren’t any signs of trauma but they’re not releasing a lot of details about the crime scene other than that Shain and David Gandee were found with a third unidentified person in a truck. They were reported missing for about one day. I didn’t think that you could report someone as missing until after 48 hours but maybe that’s just one of those classic movie tropes that people mistake for fact. Or maybe it’s just different from state to state. MTV released a statement:
We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.
UPDATE (VIA TMZ):
2:38 PM PT — TMZ has learned … the bodies of all 3 victims have been recovered from the scene and have been transferred to the local medical examiner’s office where autopsies will be performed.
2:29 PM PT — Officials have retrieved Shain’s red Ford Bronco from the muddy pit where it was discovered … and judging by pictures of the car taken at the scene, it appears the vehicle was submerged past the window.
The photos seem to support the theory that the passengers died from carbon monoxide poisoning because the deadly fumes from the car could not escape through the tailpipe, which was completely submerged in the mud.
April 1, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
But what else is new, right?
Following the success of Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant, MTV has just ordered a reality pilot titled Married Young, which features (hold ya breath) young folks getting married! Why not continue to make a spectacle of young people making life-ruining decisions, right?
It’s not that I think marriage doesn’t work out any more or that monogamy and making it work through thick and thin is impossible or outdated. In fact, I think I’m one of my only friends who doesn’t seem to feel that way, but anyone, especially a young couple, broadcasting their wedding and first year of marriage on television is bound to screw themselves over. I feel like this is pretty much a proven fact at this point and Jessica & Nick, Carmen & Dave and Shanna & Travis can attest to that. At least when they were making these kinds of shows with celebrities, they had some semblance of an abnormal lifestyle and a shitload of money to fall back on.
MTV, I love you so much sometimes. Please just do something normal and less life ruin-y with your programming.
May 25, 2011 at 11:30 am by Molls
1) The girl on the phone at the beginning relaying to a friend back home that Las Vegas is beautiful. She has to be a moron. Las Vegas is exciting, fun and interesting, but it’s not beautiful. Especially not the freakin’ Hard Rock. It’s a den of sin and filth.
2) They are still working the same “discovering my bi-sexuality while shitfaced” bit that was a common theme in the first Vegas season. I doubt that sloppy girl-on-girl make outs don’t even bring in the same kind of ratings they did back in the day. I can find that on any channel.
3) Speaking of sex, why do all the roommates insist on taking it to the bone zone now? It took all the way until the 8th season of The Real World for a couple to emerge. Colin and Amaya from Hawaii. In all of the seasons since, people in the house have been open to starting these live-in flings that almost always turn into total nightmares. Longtime fans of the show always say this, but why can’t they all just get jobs together and try to overcome some adversity or something? Good clean fun.
4) That girl Heather looks like a girl I went to high school with who had really big puppy dog eyes and straight blond hair that would hang around her face when she tilted her head down. She’d chew on her finger and stare at you longingly, and she was the biggest bitch I knew. She was judgmental and mad rude and used her adorable exterior to hide that. I also went to college with a girl who looked like that, and she was the same way, but worse. I’m assuming that Heather’s going to be secretly the worst person there the whole time but it wont come out until somewhere toward the end. I hate people like that. Ugh.
5) I’m gathering that Heather and Dustin hook up and then Heather Googles him and it turns out that he made a sex tape once (I’m guessing. Normally they like, at least hint at one of the season’s major plot lines in these previews so that you don’t feel like a used condom after watching it, but they didn’t do that this year.) She looks all disturbed and judgmental (I told you!) but what did she expect? She’s on The Real World, a show that went from having future doctors and underground rappers as housemates to basically a cesspool of the lowest forms of human. Of course there’s going to be a porn star in the house! And some tacky girls who think it’s fun to kiss while boys are watching AND a meat brain who punches a framed photo off of a wall!
MTV, please don’t do this to us again. Set next season in a college town and get some salt of the earth types. I bet you.