Leah Remini is killing it on Dancing with the Stars, in case you haven’t been watching. And if you haven’t, they should. They put Bill Nye in a Beethoven costume and made him dance a Latin dance to a Beethoven symphony. But anyway, this is about Ms. Remini. She poured her heart out on the show and revealed her true thoughts on The Church of Scientology. From L.A. Times:
I’m going through a personal big change for me and my family. I was always so scared to be myself. You’re used to everything that happens to us is our fault. You’re used to taking a lot of negativity on yourself. The church is looking for me to fail so they can say to their parishioners, ‘See what happens when you leave the church?’
I think she’s being smart by being so vocal about her fear, because now if something bad or weird happens to her, or if she were to “disappear” then “the church” is going to be suspect.
Once I spent a few hours at night alone in my apartment reading about Scientology and I was too creeped out to walk down the hall into my bedroom to go to sleep :(
September 25, 2013 at 5:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
Leah Remini is making no stops on her “Screw Scientology” train. She pulled her locomotive into Ellen station where she told the host and all her millions of viewers about what jerks Scientologists are. Ellen seemed aghast. Here’s what went down, as transcribed by The Underground Bunker:
ELLEN: Why did you choose to leave, if you can answer that?
LEAH: Well, you know, my mother got involved when we were very young, so it’s all we really ever knew. But over time my eyes opened, and I just could no longer be affiliated with the organization, and my family felt the same, so we left.
ELLEN: Are you OK?
LEAH: I’m OK. Yeah, I’m OK. To answer your question, it’s hard, and we’ve lost friends that can no longer talk to us who are still in the organization.
ELLEN: Now, that is a thing, when you leave the church they can’t talk to you or you can’t talk to them or something?
LEAH: And these are friends that we’ve had for, you know dozens of years. But, I have great friends, other friends that are not in the church that have stood by us. And our family is stronger, we’re together, and that’s all I can ask for.
ELLEN: You have me, I’m your friend, we’re your friends.
It’s a pretty big deal for Ms. Remini to be this vocal about the bitchiness of Scientology. They don’t take kindly to people who disagree with their ways and/or esteemed leaders.
September 10, 2013 at 5:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
BILL NYE. BILL FREAKING NYE. Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is one of twelve contestants competing in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars. Fantastic!! Here are the rest of your dancing heroes.
– Snooki. Yes, it’s happened.
– Leah Remini rumors were true, though she was not on Good Morning America this morning with the rest of the cast. I hope she’s safe.
– Valerie Harper, which was already confirmed.
– Glee alum Amber Riley. (She will be paired with Derek Hough. If you watch the show, you know this is a very surprising partner for her to get.)
– Elizabeth Berkley.
– Jack Osbourne.
– NFL player Keyshawn Johnson (no idea, sports are so painfully not my thing.)
– Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical, isn’t that practically cheating?)
– Brant Daugherty, actor. No effing idea. Apparently he’s known for Pretty Little Liars.
– Bill Engvall, comedian. No idea.
– Christina Milian.
Are you going to watch?
Wait, I just realized who Keyshawn Johnson is. He’s the dude who keeps driving Justin Bieber‘s cars and effing them up. Brilliant.
September 4, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Though summer’s technically not over, I think it’s time to take a look back at everything that happened these summer months. There was a LOT. What do you think was the most shocking? The most WTF? The best fashion moment? Let’s vote!
In case you need a refresher, here are some links to these stories: (more…)
September 3, 2013 at 3:52 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Brace yourselves: Dancing with the Stars is coming, and with it, casting rumors! I LOVE DWTS CASTING RUMORS. First, here are the confirmed dancers:
– Valerie Harper, of Rhoda fame (confirmed by TMZ). Valerie Harper is also badass in her own right. She’s got a form of terminal brain cancer but she wants to do DWTS to bring as much attention to cancer research as possible. I’m guessing she’s donating her fee to that, too. It’s great that she’s feeling well enough to do this show. People make fun of it, but DWTS can be very grueling, physically and mentally.
Now for the “pretty much confirmed”:
– Amber Riley, former Glee cast member (Wetpaint).
– Elizabeth Berkley (of Showgirls and Jessie “I’m so excited I’m so excited I’m so…SCARED!” Spano of Saved By The Bell).
– Leah Remini, ex-Scientologist, badass, and former King of Queens star.
August 28, 2013 at 4:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Well THAT was fast. Shelly Miscavige, wife of Scientology leader/ruler David Miscavige, has apparently been found after being missing for seven years. Except, that, according to the church, she was never missing. She just wasn’t seen in public. Ever. And if you asked about her, and wouldn’t stop, people would get very angry. This is what Leah Remini discovered, which is why she filed a missing person’s report for Shelly with the LAPD.
TMZ has been covering the story…religiously. (Sorry, couldn’t help it.)
After hearing about the police report, the Church of Scientology released this statement (via TMZ):
This is just harassment. It is a publicity stunt cooked up by a small band of unemployed fanatics who live on the fringe of the Internet.
Where is this “fringe of the Internet” and how can I get there? And just like that, the LAPD closed the case, because, according to TMZ,
cops had a face-to-face meeting with her … Law enforcement tells TMZ they have determined the missing persons allegation is “unfounded.”
And which out-of-work Scientologist actress did they hire to play Mrs. Miscavige, I wonder?
Seriously, I am not buying any of this. Leah Remini, you better watch your back.