Remember a couple years ago when making a list of “25 Things” that no one knew about you was all the Facebook rage? Well, US Weekly has just caught on to that trend and they’re having celebrities share their secrets. Martha Stewart’s list is… hilarious…
1. I tend to keep a light on near my bed when I sleep (about four hours a night) so I can write notes or do work when I wake up.
2. When I travel, I like to bring my own fresh lemons, just in case they don’t have them on the plane.
3. Some of my fondest memories of childhood were sitting at the kitchen table eating white onion sandwiches.
4. I only beat my father at Scrabble once.
5. I just finished writing my 76th book.
6. When I first wake up, before the sun rises, I say hello to all the animals on my farm.
7. I have four horses, 200 chickens, two sheep, three miniature donkeys, five cats, three dogs and 25 red canaries, and I’m a beekeeper.
8. I’m not a big fan of fragrances in anything — that’s why Martha Stewart cleaning products are fragrance-free and color-free.
9. This past Thanksgiving was the first time I didn’t make my own turkey. I went out to a restaurant with my daughter and friends.
10. I love the Yankees.
11. I like baking more than cooking. In fact, I have a new baking series, Martha Bakes, airing on Hallmark Channel in January.
12. When I was a young girl, I helped my brother trap muskrats in Nutley, New Jersey.
13. I recently tracked polar bears on a working vacation in Northern Canada.
14. I have a very dry sense of humor.
15. If I wasn’t doing this for a living, I’d be a teacher or maybe a veterinarian.
16. My favorite home-cooked meal is scrambled eggs.
17. I love Eminem.
18. I paid for my college education by modeling.
19. I am most comfortable in jeans and a work shirt.
20. One person I would love to meet is Barack Obama.
21. I do yoga every day for an hour.
22. I’m perfectly happy with a liverwurst sandwich.
23. I’m a closet tech geek. I’m obsessed with my iPad, my Droid and my new Samsung Tablet.
24. I have over 2,040,000 Twitter followers.
25. I listen to lots of rap music in the studio of The Martha Stewart Show [which airs on Hallmark Channel at 10 A.M.].
First of all, I worship Martha Stewart, so reading little fun facts about her life kind of fills the void of not being her actual Facebook friend. Secondly, Martha loving Eminem comes as no shock to me for some reason. Same with her love of rap music. I can so easily imagine Martha getting down on some thug shit that it actually concerns me.