I’m not really sure what Eminem‘s been up to lately, but he’s finally released a bit of new music. ‘Survival’ features Skylar Grey and was produced by DJ Khalil, if that means anything to you. It also features on his upcoming eighth studio album (eighth!) and also in the trailer for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Exciting!
I don’t know if I’d go so far as to call myself an Eminem “fan”, but he’s had some really great tracks and is incredibly talented. Some of his shit gets me all emotional (guys – ‘Mockingbird’?) and other stuff makes me want to recommend he seek serious and intensive therapy. Either way, I’ll be interested to see what his next record is like and what he comes up with.
What do you think of ‘Survival’? Seems average to me, but perhaps it’s a grower.
August 15, 2013 at 10:30 am by Jennifer
When I tell people that I’m an Eminem fan, they’re always like “really?” Probably it’s because most of my music consists of showtunes or somebody playing a guitar and singing his heart out and when I hear anything more intense than, say, Marina and the Diamonds*, I cover my ears and hum to myself like the borderline autistic girl that I am. But I like Eminem!
To celebrate this man‘s 39th birthday, I – what else? – compiled some of my favorite music videos of his. Happy birthday, Marshall!
*I am exaggerating here, but only a little.
October 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm by Emily
And it’s not even really that good (alright, you caught me: it’s actually fucking awful), despite the fact it tried to slam two of today’s most obnoxious celebrities. I know Em‘s trying to continue making a career out of poking fun at his classmates, but hey. You might consider it worth listening to at least once. I, myself, got about forty-five seconds into it before I rolled my eyes and x’ed out of YouTube.
Anyway, the song’s not that great, and even though I don’t care for her, I thought it was shitty and SOOO 2009 to call Lady Gaga a “male lady,” but hey. This is what Eminem thinks he does best, isn’t it? Am I looking to far into this?
June 8, 2011 at 5:30 am by Sarah
Well, you can’t. You could have followed a fake Halie Jade Mathers, who was working under the handle @Angry_Blonde, up until yesterday, but the account has been taken down and been revealed as a hoax.
What was there was pretty good, though: Attractive photos of a teenage girl, and some pretty philosophical and interesting Tweets (“People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Ironically, in reality, things are being loved & people are being used.”) that I wish could have come from the mind of the real Halie, who is a high school cheerleader and pretty much off the radar all together.
Below is a gallery of the fake Halie Jade and see a photo of the real Halie Jade at the end, who (unfortunately) is the spitting image of her mother Kim.
And BTW, while we’re on the subject, I really respect that Eminem has seemingly worked hard to keep his daughter out of the spotlight. I get the vibe that she’s very much a normal high school student who isn’t overly influenced by her father’s wealth and fame. Who would have thought that the little girl whose father rapped about going on murdering sprees would look like the girl from the trailer park next door?
March 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm by Molls
The new track features Dr. Dre (hello wicked awesome high school memories), 50 Cent – who I have kind of deplored since ‘In Da Club’ and ‘P.I.M.P.’ – and Jay-Z, king of modern rap as we know it.
A lot of critics claimed that the track appeal itself might be overshadowed by so much big-name talent, but me? I think, though there are many, many nuances of this song, that it’s classic Em and I’m content to love it just for that fact – also, I’d still totally have a zillion of Eminem’s babies. I’m sure that has something to do with it, too.
December 29, 2010 at 9:00 am by Sarah
Remember a couple years ago when making a list of “25 Things” that no one knew about you was all the Facebook rage? Well, US Weekly has just caught on to that trend and they’re having celebrities share their secrets. Martha Stewart’s list is… hilarious…
1. I tend to keep a light on near my bed when I sleep (about four hours a night) so I can write notes or do work when I wake up.
2. When I travel, I like to bring my own fresh lemons, just in case they don’t have them on the plane.
3. Some of my fondest memories of childhood were sitting at the kitchen table eating white onion sandwiches.
4. I only beat my father at Scrabble once.
5. I just finished writing my 76th book.
6. When I first wake up, before the sun rises, I say hello to all the animals on my farm.
7. I have four horses, 200 chickens, two sheep, three miniature donkeys, five cats, three dogs and 25 red canaries, and I’m a beekeeper.
8. I’m not a big fan of fragrances in anything — that’s why Martha Stewart cleaning products are fragrance-free and color-free.
9. This past Thanksgiving was the first time I didn’t make my own turkey. I went out to a restaurant with my daughter and friends.
10. I love the Yankees.
11. I like baking more than cooking. In fact, I have a new baking series, Martha Bakes, airing on Hallmark Channel in January.
12. When I was a young girl, I helped my brother trap muskrats in Nutley, New Jersey.
13. I recently tracked polar bears on a working vacation in Northern Canada.
14. I have a very dry sense of humor.
15. If I wasn’t doing this for a living, I’d be a teacher or maybe a veterinarian.
16. My favorite home-cooked meal is scrambled eggs.
17. I love Eminem.
18. I paid for my college education by modeling.
19. I am most comfortable in jeans and a work shirt.
20. One person I would love to meet is Barack Obama.
21. I do yoga every day for an hour.
22. I’m perfectly happy with a liverwurst sandwich.
23. I’m a closet tech geek. I’m obsessed with my iPad, my Droid and my new Samsung Tablet.
24. I have over 2,040,000 Twitter followers.
25. I listen to lots of rap music in the studio of The Martha Stewart Show [which airs on Hallmark Channel at 10 A.M.].
First of all, I worship Martha Stewart, so reading little fun facts about her life kind of fills the void of not being her actual Facebook friend. Secondly, Martha loving Eminem comes as no shock to me for some reason. Same with her love of rap music. I can so easily imagine Martha getting down on some thug shit that it actually concerns me.