6James Franco Is “Embarrassed” About Hitting On That Teenage Girl

James+Franco

James Franco tried to use Instagram to pick up a 17-year-old girl, and it backfired, terribly. Some people thought (hoped?) the whole thing was an elaborate James Franco hoax, because some people are big Franco fans who are delusional. Mr. Franco went on Live! With Kelly and Michael and talked about it. Here’s what he said, via Chicago Tribune:

I’m embarrassed, and I guess I’m just a model of how social media is tricky. It’s a way people meet each other today, but what I’ve learned is you don’t know who’s on the other end. I used bad judgement, and I learned my lesson.

Oh, yeah, Franco, it’s social media that’s messed-up and “tricky”, not you, a 35-year-old man hitting on a 17-year-old girl.

Honestly, what shocks me most about this whole scandal is that it’s a girl he was hitting on and not a dude.

What do you guys think of the whole thing?

Follow us on Twitter | Facebook

April 5, 2014 at 8:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
Filed Under: James Franco

6 Responses to “James Franco Is “Embarrassed” About Hitting On That Teenage Girl”

1. liz says:

He should be embarrassed even there was nothing illegal about his actions. He is 35 years old ! At his age he should know better than to try and pick-up some girl via social media.

2. tk says:

He is “Embarrassed” because he got caught !! I would have love for this Douche Bag to have “hooked” this girl only to walk into a “To catch a Predator” set up with Chris Hansen.

3. Cameron says:

He definitely should have walked away as soon as the girl said she was 17. It still would have been weird and desperate if she was 18+, but probably not creepy.

Side note, I looked up the age of consent in Scotland, it is 16, so technically not illegal, just immoral.

Ugh. I can’t stand him. Don’t blame social media. Just be honest and admit you’re that old dude who errs on the side of creepy.

5. archphoenix says:

Or it’s a Franco stunt to support the release of “Palo Alto,” in which he seduces a teenager. http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/see-the-trailer-for-james-francos-new-palo-alto.html

6. mireee says:

fucked up and creepy. He was already 18 when she was born, seriously.