“Glee” star Cory Monteith died of mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol, the British Columbia coroner’s office reported on Wednesday.
“Investigators at the scene found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses,” the report read. “The investigation confirmed that hotel video captured Mr. Monteith returning alone to his room at 2:16 a.m. on July 13, and that he was not seen alive again.”
So there you go. It sounds like heroin mixed with champagne killed Cory Monteith. How glamorous. In a sad, twisted way.