10Katy Perry Wears Atrocious Outfit At Kids’ Choice Awards

Katy Perry usually looks great in whatever ridiculous thing she wears, but I think she missed the mark on this outfit she wore at the Kids’ Choice Awards last night. And it pains me to say so, as I really do adore Ms. Perry. But I can’t figure out what’s going on here or why she would choose this bizarre and blah two piece ensemble. It’s by Hervé Léger by Max Azria — come on, this bandage Azria stuff is so passé by now. Everyone else seems to like this outfit though. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. I think she looks beautiful; I just don’t like what she’s wearing.

She won Favorite Female Singer, so yay to that!

What do you think of her outfit?

March 24, 2013 at 10:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
Filed Under: "Fashion", Katy Perry

10 Responses to “Katy Perry Wears Atrocious Outfit At Kids’ Choice Awards”

1. pikki nikki polka pants says:

Oi, not flattering at all. Looks like a sports bra and ill fitting girdle. She could have worked those hips in a better cut dress. Silly KP…

2. hilary says:

i think the slightly too long skirt and the flats make her look a little stumpy? that’s my real issue with it, i think. she’s also not working the outfit in the face or her hair.

• nakedpainter says:

She looks a little like she has PMS actually (girl, I had PMS this week, so GIRLS UNITE!). The print is actually quite horrible as well. Not a good week for Katy, but things will get better and bloat will recede (not that you LOOK bloaty… it comes with the PMS, baby)!

3. RayRay says:

I like the skirt and the colours, though not the pattern. I just think the top makes her look like she’s wearing a bikini, that’s the problem.

4. hilary says:

the pattern actually really reminds me of the cover of the great gatsby. i know they’re butterflies, but the “eyes” of the butterfly wings look like the gatsby eyes. http://shenandoahliterary.org/snopes/files/2013/03/greatgatsby-cover.jpg

5. Beetlover says:

Although I think the eyes on the novel’s cover are the billboard for Dr T.J. Eckleburg near Mrytle’s apartment

6. Kbaz says:

I don’t dislike the dress as much as her makeup (although I do dislike the dress). Typically she looks so vibrant and excited. Here she just looks washed-out, exhausted and maybe a little sick, just like she would rather be home in sweats with a grilled cheese and some soup and a long bath

• Catherine St. Ives says:

You’re right, she does look a little tired. I can’t tell if that’s solely the drab lipstick color, or if she really is beat.

7. joe blo says:

she looks awful. face too