13Shop Owner Claims Mary-Louise Parker Wanted To Kill Him

mary louise parker weeds

Mary-Louise Parker is being accused by an antique shop owner of threatening him. The altercation occurred when Daniel Seldin, NY shopkeeper, wouldn’t pay the check he owed to Parker’s friend who sells handbags in the store. Seldin alleges that Parker got very angry and called him a “fag” and added, “DO YOU WANT TO WAKE UP TOMORROW? I’LL MAKE ONE PHONE CALL.” Who’s she going to call, Uncle Andy?

According to TMZ,

[Parker's] rep insists Parker had nothing to do with the fight [...] In fact, the rep says as soon as it became clear to Parker that she was being roped into the situation … Parker left.

As for the “f*g” accusation — Parker’s rep says anyone who knows the actress knows she would never say that word.

We spoke to Seldin who insists his story is legit, adding, “I felt totally berated and violated.” Seldin says he has since paid Parker’s friend her money … despite the incident.

This is so bizarre. Is this a case of someone wanting to capitalize on a celebrity’s fame and try to make money or is it possible that Parker lost her temper? I’ve never heard of her lashing out like this ever. Have you guys?

While in the store, Seldin took a photo of Parker, saying it was taken during “her homophobic outburst.”

So bizarre.

February 28, 2013 at 5:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
Filed Under: Mary-Louise Parker

13 Responses to “Shop Owner Claims Mary-Louise Parker Wanted To Kill Him”

1. kimchee says:

The shop owner sounds like a jerk no matter how you add it up.

2. Mary says:

Sounds like BS to me. I’ve helped MLP several times at the NYC shop I work in and she’s never been anything but kind and sweet.

3. Jacq says:

The picture during the outburst doesn’t appear as though she is upset in the slightest.

4. Abby says:

Eh. I’m sure she didn’t have an outburst like that. But then again, a friend of mine (he worked with her on an internship) said she is difficult to work with and sometimes mean. I don’t know. I still don’t think she would be HATEFUL.

5. Julia says:

If the guy doesn’t pay the bill for the bags deserves to get his ass kicked ! I’m sure he had no problem spending the money he made off the bags ! People need to learn to pay their bills or pay the price with a beating ! I’m sure that girl needed the money and maybe that’s why MLP was pissed !

6. jodi everdon says:

Real name is Arthur Selden. Known liar and thief. Total Scumbag

• ds says:

your reply is funny. This from the wife of the man who is a former drug addict and sold him a fake painting for 8k and would not stand by his word and refund the money. Who’s the scumbag and liar? the man calls himself jimmy engle your husband

Is this news?

I worked with/ for him. ALWAYS a struggle to get paid. He Paid every bill short or late. This absolutely hapoened. I’d bet my house on it.