10Leonardo DiCaprio Quits Acting, Too

From Page Six:

This could be Leonardo DiCaprio’s last awards season for a while. The actor has announced he’s retiring from acting indefinitely. “I’m a little bit drained,” he told German newspaper Bild. “I am now going to take a long long break.”

After doing three films in two years – Django Unchained, The Great Gatsby and the recently-finished The Wolf of Wall Street – DiCaprio says, “I’m just worn out.”

Publicity tours for those films still loom, however, but DiCaprio, 38, has other plans for when his schedule slows down. “I would like to improve the world a bit,” he says. “I will fly around the world doing good for the environment.”

In the meantime, he’s living green at home. “My roof is covered with solar panels,” he revealed. “My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50 kilometers a day. That can be done with a plug.”

I could think of a ton of other things you could do with that plug, too, Leo.

However, I guess the most appropriate question in this circumstance would be, “Can we live without Leonardo DiCaprio in cinema for at least a little while?”, to which the short answer is “Yes.” The long answer would be something like, “Why does it have to be for a little while,” or “At least until Baz Luhrmann dies, please.”

January 22, 2013 at 2:30 pm by Sarah
Filed Under: Leonardo DiCaprio

10 Responses to “Leonardo DiCaprio Quits Acting, Too”

1. Chuck says:

Love his comment – “I will fly around the world doing good for the environment”. Kind of like Al Gore’s hypocrisy regarding his environmental zeal, but gigantic energy footprint in his personal life. Hate to break it to Leo, but covering your house in solar panels takes FOREVER in order to pay back the costs of those panels. I don’t see Leo living in a nice, reasonable 2,000 SF house.

2. kathy says:

um, why such a hater? whatever he is like in real life i LOVE his movies. AND him in them! what movie have you seen of his that you DIDNT like??? i, for one, hope its a short break.

3. pufinstuf says:

Flying around the world to help the environment is like fucking for chastity. Airplanes use an enormous amount of carbon fuels and produce staggering amounts of exhaust.

• Jacq says:

Yeah! I was going to say… He better come up with something really awesome to offset the effects of jetting around the world. Maybe he can just take a slow boat to China instead. (He’s pretty insufferable, but I’d still hit it)

• mireee says:

That’s what I thought too.

• Chuck says:

If he took up sailing a REALLY nice boat to cruise around the world in, I’d be a LOT more impressed.

4. none says:

He’s probably “drained” from fucking all those Victoria’s Secret models.

5. Pique says:

The German ‘newspaper’ Bild is a gossip rag that fabricates most of its news. I don’t believe for a second that they ever spoke to Leo. Bits of what the article said are extractions from interviews that I’ve read these past few years…