Look, I’m not saying it’s funny when someone is seriously injured in any way, but this story is pretty random. Apparently while Tori Spelling, husband Dean McDermott and their entire tribe of kids were out eating at Benihana’s in Encino, California on Easter Sunday and when they got up to leave, Tori tripped and fell into a Hibachi grill and was burned – seriously enough that she’s since been hospitalized.
From The Daily Mail:
Tori had been laughing and having fun with her family at Easter brunch,’ says a source, ‘when she got up to leave and tripped, falling backwards on to a scorching hot grill. She shouted out in pain from a large burn on the back of her right arm.
‘You could tell she was hurting, but she was trying to put on a brave face for the sake of her four young children who were quite obviously worried,’ says the source. ‘Dean looked upset too, but you could tell they were doing their best to stay calm and not alarm the children.’
According to sources, Spelling went home and tried nursing her injury herself, but by the following day she was in so much pain she went to her doctor who ordered her to immediately undergo treatment at the Grossman Burn Center in West Hills, California.
‘Tori’s doctor’s determined she had a severe burn and suggested they remove the damaged skin and graft skin from another area of the body,’ says a source. ‘She questioned if it was absolutely necessary but doctors said she risked severe infection and scarring if she didn’t act right away.
Falling on a grill is serious business, so I don’t envy her having such serious burns. That being said, homegirl is a fixture at her local hospital – she’s CONSTANTLY there, and the situations surrounding it are always so bizarre.
Anyway, hope she gets better soon.