BILL NYE. BILL FREAKING NYE. Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is one of twelve contestants competing in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars. Fantastic!! Here are the rest of your dancing heroes.
– Snooki. Yes, it’s happened.
– Leah Remini rumors were true, though she was not on Good Morning America this morning with the rest of the cast. I hope she’s safe.
– Valerie Harper, which was already confirmed.
– Glee alum Amber Riley. (She will be paired with Derek Hough. If you watch the show, you know this is a very surprising partner for her to get.)
– Elizabeth Berkley.
– Jack Osbourne.
– NFL player Keyshawn Johnson (no idea, sports are so painfully not my thing.)
– Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical, isn’t that practically cheating?)
– Brant Daugherty, actor. No effing idea. Apparently he’s known for Pretty Little Liars.
– Bill Engvall, comedian. No idea.
– Christina Milian.
Are you going to watch?
Wait, I just realized who Keyshawn Johnson is. He’s the dude who keeps driving Justin Bieber‘s cars and effing them up. Brilliant.
Brace yourselves: Dancing with the Stars is coming, and with it, casting rumors! I LOVE DWTS CASTING RUMORS. First, here are the confirmed dancers:
– Valerie Harper, of Rhoda fame (confirmed by TMZ). Valerie Harper is also badass in her own right. She’s got a form of terminal brain cancer but she wants to do DWTS to bring as much attention to cancer research as possible. I’m guessing she’s donating her fee to that, too. It’s great that she’s feeling well enough to do this show. People make fun of it, but DWTS can be very grueling, physically and mentally.
Now for the “pretty much confirmed”:
– Amber Riley, former Glee cast member (Wetpaint).
– Elizabeth Berkley (of Showgirls and Jessie “I’m so excited I’m so excited I’m so…SCARED!” Spano of Saved By The Bell).
– Christina Milian, who just left The Voice.
– Leah Remini, ex-Scientologist, badass, and former King of Queens star.
Paula Deen will not be joining. There was a rumor going around that Seth MacFarlane would be joining the cast and I cannot picture that happening, at all, ever.
Valerie Harper is looking terminal cancer in the face and saying, “Eff off, I have shit to do, I’m going to do a Mary Tyler Moore reunion show.” (Note: that is not an actual quote.) Doctors have given her three months left to live, but she’s said, “I don’t think of dying. I think of being here now.” (Note: that IS an actual quote.)
Part of the being here now is doing a (sort of) Mary Tyler Moore reunion show. Ms. Harper will join former MTM co-stars Mary Tyler Moore, Cloris Leachman, and Betty White for an episode of White’s show Hot In Cleveland, according to New York Newsday.
I’m glad that she’s feeling well enough to do this, both physically and mentally. Cannot even imagine what she’s thinking about at this time, but if it’s any indication of her attitude, it’s that she’s thinking in the best possible way.