Colour no one surprised – Michelle Rodriguez and Cara Delevingne are an actual couple and are giving it a go. Dear God. Everyone sorta figured that was the case since they were drooling all over each other (and everyone else) when they showed up drunk at that basketball game earlier this year. Then they started talking about remaking Thelma & Louise together and that basically sealed the deal.
Well, now Michelle has publicly acknowledged what’s sure to be a short-term union in a new interview with The Mirror:
Gushing about the 21-year-old, the smitten Fast & Furious star said: “It’s going really well. She’s so cool. When we started hanging out I just thought she was awesome, and we have the best time together. She’s hard though. You wouldn’t want to mess with her in a fight.”
Well, that’s… sweet? I dunno, this whole thing just kinda weirds me out. Of course I love having people on the team – the more the merrier! – but I just have so many questions about this one. How did they meet? Where? How did they start ~doin’ it~? Are they serious about this or is this just a “we’ll sleep together when we meet up and then I’ll be on my way” thing? The world may never know…
February 18, 2014 at 4:30 pm by Jennifer
Michelle Rodriguez and Cara Delevingne have become best friends/lesbian lovers over the past few months, spreading their drunken glee around the globe and now… maybe to the big screen? Michelle is an actress and Cara wants to be one, and because of that there’s been talks that they might do a remake of Thelma and Louise together. Like, WHAT?
In what may be the most unsubstantiated rumour since the announcement of Miranda Kerr’s supposed segue into a singing career, The Sun has reported Delevingne and Rodriguez (best known for her role in the Fast and Furious film series) are in talks about co-starring as the duo in a modern adaptation of the 1991 cult classic film.
Despite the fact that the friendship is still a relatively new one (they first bonded at a Knicks basketball game in January), The Sun reported Rodriguez is requesting Delevingne as her co-star.
While Delevingne’s acting experience to date is limited, she’s made her ambitions concerning the big screen known, and has even been credited with having “natural acting talent” by director Michael Winterbottom, who cast her for his 2014 release, The Face of an Angel, which was inspired by the 2009 murder trial involving Amanda Knox.
Oh Lord. First of all, it begs the question: Why the fuck are we even remaking Thelma and Louise? Why is it needed? Honestly, I would like to know. Second of all, if we ARE redoing it, WHY IS IT STARRING MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ? No disrespect, but her acting is average at best and just… no. Second of all, Cara Delevingne as her co-star? So, basically we’re trying to ensure that this is a straight-to-DVD release, right?
February 10, 2014 at 4:30 pm by Jennifer
Michelle Rodriguez is one of those women whose sexuality is frequently speculated, much like Janelle Monae’s. I guess she got real sick of it, because she laid it all out for Entertainment Weekly. So here you go, in case you or anyone else has ever wondered about who Michelle Rodriguez likes to screw, read this (via Zimbio):
I don’t talk about what I do with my vagina, and they’re all intrigued. I’ve never walked the carpet with anyone, so they wonder: What does she do with her vagina? Plus, I play a butchy girl all the time, so they assume I’m a lesbo…Eh, they’re not too far off. I’ve gone both ways. I do as I please. I am too f-cking curious to sit here and not try when I can. Men are intriguing. So are chicks.
October 2, 2013 at 4:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
The Shamwow guy AKA the Slapchop guy aka Vince Offer, directed a film starring Adrien Brody, Michelle Rodriguez, Rob Schneider, and Lindsay Lohan and the trailer is out and it’s just as bad as you think it is. If you don’t want to watch it, I’ll sum it up for you.
- That Adrien Brody is in this film is a testament to the fact that he is impossible to work with and that no one wants to deal with his bullshit even after winning an Academy Award.
- The only funny moment in the trailer is when the music turns into sweeping dramatic music and the announcer says, “And Oscar Winner Adrien Brody” while panning over a slow motion shot of his face.
- The rest of the trailer is a hot mess of stupid offensive jokes, only offensive because of how stupid they are.
- The title of the film is InAPPropriate Comedy, so believe me, I get that it’s supposed to be “inappropriate” (I have no idea why they have the weird capitalization, am I missing something?) but there’s a fine line between satire and a desperate attempt at satire, and this is so desperate that we need a new word for desperate.
- Speaking of desperate, Lindsay Lohan being in this movie shows that she’s fallen harder and faster than King Kong from the Empire State Building. This isn’t new information, I know. But at least The Canyons has a shot at being something other than…whatever the hell this is supposed to be.
- I have no idea what the plot is. I think it’s a movie about making a movie. The trailer is choppy. There’s a scene of Lindsay Lohan dressed as Marilyn Monroe gunning down paprazzi. I don’t know.
- Someone gave the Shamwow guy money to make this.
- Someone gave the Slapchop guy money to make this.
Is this the worst thing that has ever happened to film? Is it really a crime against humanity? Of course not. But wow. Shamf-ckingwow.
It’s been shelved for a while (NO WAY, REALLY?) but it’s finally coming out on March 22nd.
March 13, 2013 at 5:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
For example, Michelle Rodriguez’s ill-fitting bikini bottom and the way it sags on her butt. I mean, she’s practically MOONING us, and what’s a whole lot funnier than mooning? NOTHING. What’s sexier than a full- or half-moon? LOTS OF THINGS.
Don’t get me wrong – Michelle Rodriguez is as hot as the day is long. She’s got that uber-tough, roundhouse kick you in your face while she’s blowing you look to her and not many women can pull that off. But the ‘suit has to go, Michelle. It just makes me LOL. I’m sure saying that will probably earn me a polished black combat boot up the ass, but hey – maybe that’s what I’m aiming for.
May 16, 2011 at 10:30 am by Sarah
“You know what was amazing to me? Finally not having a frickin’ cop outfit. I’m so tired of these butchy polyester outfits. It seems every time I do something I’m wearing some government outfit – it’s so annoying. With the exception of Fast And The Furious, I’m always in uniform. I’m always like, ‘Can I just get rid of this butch outfit and be hot for once?’”
- Michelle Rodriguez to Movie Hole on finally playing a more feminine part in Machete.