There’s no funny way to spin this one or make it seem interesting, so let’s just stick with the facts. Mario Lopez is being sued to the tune of $50,000 for agreeing to host a concert last year, receiving a partial payment up front, then backing out at the last minute. That’s really all there is to it, but let’s let E! News give you the full “scoop”:
Court documents state that Robert “Bobby” Capone is suing Lopez for not fulfilling his job as a host for a concert event at the Roxy/and or Penn’s Landing Caterers in Philadelphia on Oct. 27, 2012.
According to the lawsuit, Lopez was to be paid an appearance fee of $15,000, and was given $8,000 in advance. Capone states that on Oct. 10, Lopez’s team notified him that he would not be attending because of “new commitments” that have “just arose.” Capone is suing Lopez for consumer fraud, bad faith dealing, breach of contract and fraud in the inducement.
Because of the last minute cancellation, Capone said he suffered losses estimated at $5,000 but he is demanding a judgment against Lopez in the amount of $50,000.
Okay, so if you’re trying to recoup your costs of the $8,000 you gave Mario and the $5,000 it cost to replace him, that’s $13,000… far from $50,000. I never get why people sue for “damages”. What got damaged, your brain, which kept you from doing proper math? Anyway, Mario should just tell the court he’s got no cash to spare – babies are expensive as hell.
Mario Lopez and his now-wife Courtney Mazza had their first child, a daughter called Gia, back in 2010, but they’ve been busy since. Between hosting The X Factor USA and decorating Christmas trees in his skivvies, Mario knocked Courtney up with another zygote which will soon turn into a baby that’ll enter the world later this year.
“I am the happiest father in the world. We cannot wait to welcome baby Lopez number two into our lives.”
Well, that was a simple and tasteful statement. I have no feelings on Mario Lopez because he will always just be AC Slater from Saved By the Bell to me and even then I have not many feelings on him or his crater-deep dimples, so let’s just leave it as a congrats to the happy couple, yeah?
Saved by the Bell” is another step closer to a comeback … Mr. Belding himself — aka Dennis Haskins — tells TMZ he’s all for a Bayside High reunion, just days after Mark-Paul Gosselaar said he wasn’t opposed to the idea.
TMZ broke the story … Mark-Paul was in L.A. last weekend … and told our photog, if the upcoming “Boy Meets World” revamp works out, then “maybe we’ll do a reunion as well.”
That’s all it took for Mr. Belding to board the gravy train … telling TMZ, “I have always supported a reunion of any kind including all of us” … before adding, “Honestly, the fans still love us and our show so much … they deserve it!”
As for the rest of the cast, getting them together may be tricky — Jimmy Fallon nearly made it happen in 2009 … until Tiffani Thiessen put the kibosh on the whole thing.
Man. Can I tell you how much I hope this happens? I really, really hope this happens. Mr. Belding, I don’t care all that much for, because he’s just like whatever, but seeing Zack and Kelly rekindle their on-screen romance? Come on, Kapowski. It’s not as if you’ve got anything better going on. Might want to rethink the 2009 Kibosh, huh?
As for the rest of the cast, I think it’d be super good publicity, too. Lark Voorhies … well, we all know what kind of craziness she’s been up to lately, and if Dustin Diamond isn’t too busy filming scat porn, then we’ve got those two also. Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley? Easy. Mario would just be in his glory to be around three hot pieces of ass all at once, and Elizabeth, well. Where the hell has she been, anyway? … Never mind. Don’t answer that.