First… Princess Bride is possibly the most perfect movie ever and you need to see it now.
Car Elwes, star of Princess Bride, was bit by a rattlesnake while gardening at his Malibu home. Malibu? Who knew malibu had poisonous snakes? I guess it was a desert at one time.
The 59-year-old star needed immediate medical attention which meant he had to be airlifted to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, according to a Monday report from TMZ.
‘There is no intervention at the scene of a venomous snakebite that is recommended,’ Dr Jeffrey Suchard, UCI Health emergency medicine physician and medical toxicologist, shared.
‘Your goal is to get to a hospital as soon as possible to be assessed for possible antivenom treatment.’
It takes four to six hours before the venom from the snake bite evolves into a serious situation.
He added that it is not smart to suck out the venom, which is often done in movies. It has been proven to be ineffective, he added.
So now we just wait and see what happens.