Yo, actual nightmare scenario going down at the home of Cake Boss Buddy Valastro. There was a freak bowling accident at his family’s New Jersey home on Sunday.
On Wednesday, the Cake Boss star shared a photo of himself lying in a hospital bed after being “involved in a terrible accident a few days ago,” he wrote in the caption.
He was playing with his family when”There was a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter, a common fix in the past, but it turned into a terrible accident,” they said.
“After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit,” they continued. “Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2″ metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger.” AHHHHH.
Valastro has since had two surgeries, the first at Morristown Memorial in New Jersey, and the second by Dr. Michelle Carlson, a renowned orthopedic surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. He is recovering at home after being released from the hospital on Wednesday.
“It will be an uphill battle as it’s Buddy’s dominant right hand and he will need prolonged recovery and therapy,” Valastro’s rep added.
You can keep tabs on him here: