Today's Evil Beet Gossip

Mac Miller Died of Accidental OD of Fentanyl, Cocaine and Alcohol

Mac Miller‘s cause of death has been revealed.

The 26-year-old rapper — who was found dead in his Studio City, California, home on Sept. 7 — died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol, PEOPLE confirmed. The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner ruled in a statement released Monday that Miller’s death was accidental and due to mixed drug toxicity.

The autopsy was completed three days after the star’s death and his body was released to his family, according to Los Angeles County coroner’s spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani.

A source previously said Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, had gone into cardiac arrest after appearing to suffer a drug overdose. At the time, it was confirmed that paramedics never transported him to a hospital, and he had already died before he was found unresponsive and could not be revived.

Miller’s home was reportedly “swept clean” so that there would be no evidence of drug use, according to TMZ, which also reported that only a small amount of white powder was found in Miller’s home when police searched for clues as to how he died.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.