One of the most amazing cat fights to ever grace us with it’s venom is the one carefully crafted between Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Two of the biggest legends in Hollywood and one of the greatest battles.
The series will “chronicle the intense relationship between Davis and Crawford that began in their heydays of the ‘30s and ‘40s.” The show will also explore how the iconic actresses came to co-star in the 1962 film “What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?”
And playing these divine divas? Susan Sarandon stars as Bette Davis and Jessica Lange will tackle Joan. That’s divine casting.
For a glimpse into the feud, one only need to check out the bios of either woman on IMDB. A few of my favs:
- Joan Crawford and Davis had feuded for years. During the making of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962), Bette had a Coca-Cola machine installed on the set due to Crawford’s affiliation with Pepsi (she was the widow of Pepsi’s CEO). Joan got her revenge by putting weights in her pockets when Davis had to drag her across the floor during certain scenes.
- I wouldn’t piss on Joan Crawford if she were on fire.
- She has slept with every male star at MGM except Lassie.
- You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good . . . Joan Crawford is dead. Good.
- Sure, she stole some of my big scenes, but the funny thing is, when I see the movie again, she stole them because she looked like a parody of herself, and I still looked like something of a star.
- She has a cult, and what the hell is a cult except a gang of rebels without a cause. I have fans. There’s a big difference.
- Of course I had heard she was supposed to be playing me, but I didn’t believe it. Did you see the picture? It couldn’t possibly be me. Bette looked so old, and so dreadfully overweight.
Here’s your preview to the series: