8Steve Martin Accused Of Racism

Steve+Martin

Steve Martin was accused of racism based on a tweet he made about pasta. I know that sounds weird as hell, so I’ll explain. According to TMZ, Mr. Martin (“Please, call me ‘Mr. Steve Martin’”) was answering fans’ questions on twitter, cracking jokes, when someone tweeted to him,

is this how you spell lasonia?

To which Mr. Steve Martin replied,

It depends. Are you in an African-American restaurant or at an Italian restaurant.

After he got lots of angry tweets back, he deleted the tweet and then apologized (“In retrospect, bad joke”) and then apologized a second time, tweeting,

I did apologize. But again, a second later I realized what an offensive thing I’d done. Deep bow.

What do you think? Was what he did offensive? How does it compare to Brandi Glanville’s comment, which got her fired? Guess he thought it wasn’t a big deal considering he was, “born a poor black child.” (The Jerk, everyone.)

Follow us on Twitter | Facebook

December 22, 2013 at 8:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
Filed Under: Steve Martin

8 Responses to “Steve Martin Accused Of Racism”

1. gee_gee says:

Where is the part where someone accused him of racism?

2. Jacqueline says:

“You mean I’m going to STAY this color?!” Love that movie!!

not newsworthy

• Lenny says:

Agree Not “Newsworthy” neither was Glanville’s bad joke BUT you don’t ccome here if you are looking for “News” so …..

4. blondewithnobrain says:

THAT is a freaking GREAT joke!!!! omg!!! i love him…love him, love his movies, love his humor. i don’t get why people are offended. i’m Polish…you know how many people have purposely told me Pollack jokes??? i don’t cry racist to them! leave them alone…AND Brandi Glanville! what she said wasn’t racist either…it was actually true! hahaha!! none of my black friends swim either.

5. thebutcher says:

AS USUAL, the black crowd has to cry about the SMALLEST little thing. Time to grow a pair

6. Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so
    I came to check it out. I’m definitely enjoying the information.
    I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Exceptional blog and terrific style and design.