15Australian Super Post: So, Russell Crowe Was Kind of a Dick to Rebel Wilson

rebel wilson

Everyone seems to absolutely adore Rebel Wilson. I don’t mind her – she’s funny, down-to-earth and doesn’t annoy the shit out of me, so that’s good enough in my books. But that’s besides the point. What is the point? Well, she appeared on The Tonight Show earlier this week and revealed that she won the Nicole Kidman Scholarship at the Australian Theatre for Young People as a kid, an honour which made her sort of freak out when she saw Nicole in the flesh a few years later having dinner with Russell Crowe (because all Australian people hang out together all the time).

“One time in Sydney, I saw her having dinner with Russell Crowe and I go, ‘OK, now’s my chance. I’m going to say thank you’,” Wilson recalled.

“I went up to them but, before I could say anything, Russell Crowe turns to me and says, ‘F-ck off!’”

Wilson revealed that she was totally stunned by Crowe’s behavior, explaining: “I just put my head down and walked the other way!”

The Australian actress went on to credit Kidman with helping her get her start in the entertainment industry through the scholarship program.

“I got to go to New York to study comedy and Nicole Kidman paid for everything: an apartment, going to see Broadway shows… She doesn’t know about that,” Wilson teased. (via DigitalSpy)

I’m not really sure what happened there, to be honest. Does Russell Crowe make a habit of telling people to f-ck off? Is Russell Crowe a total asshole? Was Rebel Wilson just making a weird joke? Who can say. It’s Friday and we have better things to think about, like weekend naps, warmer weather and my adorable dog, Milo (obligatory):

milo

Happy Friday!

April 12, 2013 at 6:30 am by Jennifer

15 Responses to “Australian Super Post: So, Russell Crowe Was Kind of a Dick to Rebel Wilson”

1. dee says:

What breed is your dog? So darn cute! :)

2. Mike says:

I think all of this actually happened.

3. kimcheee says:

I’m in love with Milo! What a stud-puppy! He’s hotter than Perez.

4. Pique says:

So about Russell… He’s got that reputation. I watched the clip of Rebel telling the story yesterday, and he was having dinner with Kidman, so I kiiiiind of understand why he would bark at her – but I’m not defending it. I have empathy, but it’s no excuse. Still love him tho :)

5. Junebug says:

Hate Crow…love Rebel, love Milo.

6. ella says:

i hate rebel wilson but i also hate russel crow

7. Marcy says:

im sorry but i dont get this bitch. she cant act and shes not funny. do people just like her because shes fat?

• Mike says:

No, they have your mom if all that’s required is fat.

• FernMayo says:

Ohhhhh sick 7th grade style burn!!! Where do you get your grammar school material from? Personal experience from your immature past or do you just operate at grade school level still? If you’ve grown hair on your sack then idiotic jokes like that just aren’t funny anymore..
        Please, take your time responding. As I know a person with the mentality of a 13 yr old needs it. I’ll be waitin for a sweet ass response like “your ass is grass and I’m the lawnmower”, lofuckinl

8. Heather H says:

cutest puppy ever!! I also have a pup named Milo.

9. Julie says:

He probably thought she was one of those crazy obsessed fans and was not okay with being bothered then. I kind of see why.. I mean, celebs can’t go anywhere without someone trying to bug them. Maybe they were having a private/important conversation or something. But I digress; it does seem like a pretty intense response.