7Kevin Bacon Plays Angry Birds on the Subway, Loves Being Recognized

I think it’s pretty safe to say that Kevin Bacon‘s heyday is over. Like, good run and all, bro, but now’s the time when you enjoy all that Footloose money and chillax a bit, you know? No such luck, unfortunately – he’s all over T-Mobile UK ads and the subway, apparently, where he likes to play Angry Birds on his phone and be recognized by fans.

From The Observer:

“Fame is very much a double-edged sword. I had a prosthetic disguise made, because I wanted to see what it would be like not to be recognized. I didn’t like it very much — no one was nice to me. People didn’t bother me, but they also looked right through me, [but] actors want to be famous.”

I can appreciate that candor, but a prosthetic? I mean, you’re not Oprah (Oprah is the most famous person I can think of, shut up). Do Kevin a favor – if you see him on the train, give him a little wave and ask him what level of Angry Birds he’s on. He’ll thank you, I’m sure.

February 6, 2013 at 10:30 am by Jennifer
Filed Under: Kevin Bacon

7 Responses to “Kevin Bacon Plays Angry Birds on the Subway, Loves Being Recognized”

1. Tara says:

Madoff got most of his money, he has to work.

He actually has a pretty awesome new show on Fox. I mean, the acting is kinda terrible, but the premise and suspense are awesome. Besides, everyone knows Kevin Bacon for everyone knowing Kevin Bacon. Haven’t you ever heard of “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon?”

• mireee says:

There’s a whole ad on British TV dedicated to that meme, starring Kevin Bacon. It’s cringeworthy, and it’s even worse seeing it blown up on a cinema screen :(

3. connie says:

I dissagree on liking being recognized. Saw him at Amc 42nd street and he was trying to act invisible.

4. mireee says:

I have to watch another T-Mobile/EE ad I will go berserk. Esp the line when he yells “IT’S A CRACKER” and talks about Corrie as if he knew anything about it.

5. pikki nikki polka pants says:

I love the Baconator!!!! We go way back.