8This Would Be Kat Von D’s Real Engagement Ring

From Us Weekly:

“Tonight, Joel put a ring on my finger — Too taken aback by its beauty and its meaning to post a pic right now,” the L.A. Ink star tweeted. But soon after that she wrote, “Doesn’t get anymore official,” and included a photo of her new ring. Two small skulls sit on either side of the black diamond, and the double band features smaller black stones.

“The biggest thank you to The Great Frog London for handcrafting the most important ring I will ever wear,” Kat Von D added.

Deadmau5 (real name: Joel Zimmerman), 31, celebrated the holidays with Kat Von D, 30, in his native Canada. The on-again-off-again couple stepped out together in Vancouver Dec. 27 holding hands, and showing off the engagement ring. The bride-to-be had a smile on her face as she held up her ring finger for photographers.

You know, all skulls and what not aside (not that there’s anything particularly wrong with the skull motif—it’s just not my thing), it’s a pretty nice ring. I’m sure lots of African people and their elephants probably had to die for it or whatever, but hey, a black diamond. Pretty nice, right? Pretty nice.

December 28, 2012 at 4:30 pm by Sarah
Filed Under: Deadmau5, Kat Von D

8 Responses to “This Would Be Kat Von D’s Real Engagement Ring”

1. Randi says:

“Lots of African people and their elephants…” did I really just read that?

• Odd are, that’s exactly the case. Not the elephant part per se (hint: it’s called hyperbole), but have you ever heard any of those “stars” brag about the ethical diamond they bought/received? Nope. You’ll hear about its size, its price, but not about its origin.

On another note, finger and face tattoos are stupid. Kat is actually a very pretty woman, and very talented artist, but this is just overkill.

• asdf says:

LOL! I was thinking that too!

Hilarious as ever, Sarah.

2. P1LL says:

who in their right mind would put a ring on that tattooed skanks finger ?

3. kimcheee says:

I love the ring. I’m not a fan of traditional wedding rings at all.

Yes, all diamonds are result of murder and slavery. It’s been like that for so long. I’ve hated diamonds since the 80′s. They’re not a rare or precious stone. There is no shortage of them unless you want a high quality flawless diamond.

So, we’re throwing blood at every woman who selected a diamond for her engagement ring or is it a targeted assault on Kat?

• mireee says:

I think if you know that most diamonds have been extracted by people working in borderline slave-like conditions, picking a diamond ring without a certificate that ensure it isn’t a blood diamond is fucking awful. Also, why would I want to wear something that a slave crafted?? How is that a token of love??

4. Kimbra says:

Cannot think of a more fitting ring. Jesse James is jealous he did not think of it.

5. crab says:

I love sculls! My husband and I are not traditional in the least and we have silver wedding bands with sculls etched in them!