Bon Jovi’s daughter, Stephanie Rose Bongiovi, overdosed in the early morning hours today, and the story is actually a pretty sad one. Sources close to the family state that Stephanie, a college student in upstate New York, was found unresponsive in her dorm room, and when taken to the hospital, it was determined that she’d overdosed on heroin. To add insult to injury? She was arrested after she was found to be alright. To be fair, she wasn’t arrested because she overdosed, because seriously, wouldn’t that be ridiculous? No, she was arrested because, at the scene of the “crime,” I guess you could say, a small amount of marijuana and heroin, and paraphernalia was also found. That’s allegedly what the arrest was for, but hey. Maybe it could have been because she overdosed on heroin, too, I don’t know.
First of all, ugh on heroin. I didn’t even realize that H was still such a popular drug of choice. I remember after high school there were some people I used to be casual friends with who got into heroin deep, and basically the only reason that we ended up *not* being friends was because of the whole heroin thing. But jeez. This poor Stephanie girl has got a long road ahead of her for recovery. I mean, if she was intentionally trying to OD, that’s a horse of a different color altogether, but if she wasn’t? Well, I think someone needs some serious help one way or the other.
Good luck to the family, and thank God she’s going to be OK. You know, one way or the other.