19Quotables: If You’re Worth Your Salt, Then You Can Deal With Jeremy Irons Groping You

A photo of Jeremy Irons

“[Political correctness] has gone too far. There are too many people in power with too little to do, so they churn out laws to justify their jobs. I hope it’s a rash that will wear itself out. Most people are robust. If a man puts his hand on a woman’s bottom, any woman worth her salt can deal with it. It is communication. Can’t we be friendly?”

- Jeremy Irons enlightens us all.

I bet a lot of you guys didn’t know this, huh? I don’t know why, it makes perfect sense – why would you flip out or even be moderately pissed if all some innocent guy does is grope you? It’s communication, get it? Who needs words when you can just physically violate someone?

August 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm by Emily
Filed Under: Uncategorized

19 Responses to “Quotables: If You’re Worth Your Salt, Then You Can Deal With Jeremy Irons Groping You”

1. evilbeetdouche says:

Oldy McDouchelton

2. Kristy says:

Jeremy Iron can grope me any day.

3. Simon Jadis says:

Though I am male and though I do not find myself to be even slightly good-looking (though my hair is, let’s face it, amazing), my high school experience caused me to become very accustomed to having my posterior touched or groped, whether in the hallways or while standing around outside during lunch.

But these incidents were with friends — I would never touch a stranger’s bottom (unless the social setting were one in which consent to that sort of touch is implied). I would never do this in the workplace, except with friends (and not in the company of others who might misunderstand the situation).

But if Jeremy Irons is talking about just groping an unfamiliar woman’s bottom in a bar, that is not okay. . . . I hope that that makes sense.

• mireee says:

Nah you don’t grope anyone’s arse unless it’s a really good friend, and even then if you’re a straight male and she’s a woman, or the other way round… No, just no.

• Simon Jadis says:

Admittedly, none of my ladyfriends whom I grope could possibly have the impression that I am sexually interested in them, BUT I think that straight males and straight females can interact reasonably with friendly touching like this among friends.

Especially at parties.

• Harriet Meadow says:

My straight male friends and I squeeze each other’s butts every once in awhile. I have no clue why, except we’re all pervs.

4. Simon Jadis says:

Ooo, and I love his scarf. A lot.

5. Izzat Charles Manson? Wha’ ‘appened to the swastika he carved on his forehead? I’m cornfusticated…

6. s says:

By “deal[ing] with it,” he must mean returning that grope with a well-placed knee. Because after all, that too is just a form of communication, right?

7. First of all, this guy is a gorgeous M…f..er and dont you think he isnt! We all get older and man is he doin it right! Go with your bad self! Cause we love ya!<3

• Blue says:

Really? Unwanted sexual contact is cool with you? You realize that means you cannot pick who is grabbing you right? It wont always be some celeb you lust after.

8. Ally. says:

He can get it. Hey Jeremy! My body is ready.

9. mireee says:

Any woman worth her salt will hit the groper.

• Blue says:

Agreed! I like a little grab-butt as much as anyone – from the man I love!! Only him and the butt-doctor are allowed access! (and the butt-doctor better not be groping)

• Simon Jadis says:

If this is a workplace thing, or unwanted contact from, say, a pushy stranger, I would replace “hit” with “sue.” One grope is not an excuse for violence.

Repeated unwanted gropes? Mace him in the face. With an actual mace, if you like.

10. Marie says:

He has a right to grope my ass BUT I have a right to kick him in the balls if I don’t want him to touch my ass. Because lets face it, ladies, there are some men we wouldn’t mind touching our asses. And some we don’t.

Clearly, I’m in law school.

• Señor Loco says:

I admire the woman who first reaction is to turn around and kicks him in the balls ten-fold over one who instead goes screaming sexual harassment and files a lawsuit.

11. liz says:

I guess if you’re worth your salt you can also deal with getting kicked in the family jewels.