20Michael Feinstein and Terrence Flannery Wed

Singer and pianist Michael Feinstein married his longtime love Terrence Flannery last night at their home in Los Angeles.  The ceremony was officiated by Judge Judy and Gabriel Ferrer aka Mr. Debby Boone.  I love Hollywood weddings!  With a guest list that included Liza Minnelli, Barry Manilow and Joan Collins, the event was basically the stereotypical gay man fantasy personified.

As a sidenote, I don’t know who told Feinstein that wearing an athletic stripe tuxedo was ok.  But it isn’t.  Ever.

October 18, 2008 at 8:53 am by Wendie
Filed Under: Liza Minelli

20 Responses to “Michael Feinstein and Terrence Flannery Wed”

1. torie says:

oh, christ. shouldn’t gay men know these things?
    but they look really happy, and i’m glad for them.
    everybody go punch that stupid proposition in the face, alrighty?
    kthanks.

2. Bee Hind says:

Where the hell was Bette Midler?

3. Lynn says:

WTF? I cannot beleive the eclectic mx of people in attenance! Ms. Brady? Joan Collins? Debby Boone? Stephanie Powers? Again. WTF?

• Louise says:

Not so unbelievable. Gabriel Ferrar, son of Rosemary Clooney, is married to Debbie Boone. Rosemary Clooney was a close friend of Michael Feinstein’s. The others I don’t know about, just friends, presumably.

4. rockcriedout says:

lol @ Judge Judy.

she probably got cranky at everyone and told them to shut up the whole time.

5. Trophy Wife says:

WTF?? Manilow is playing weddings now?

All the best to the happy couple!

6. J says:

If you knew how rich Flannery was, then you’d know why Manilow is playing the wedding. :)

7. Maureen Mahoney says:

Congratulations to Michael and Terrence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t be happier for them and so proud to know them both.

Michael and Terrence have always been the perfect couple, so supportive of each other and so respectful of others. I wish them all the love in the world and nothing but a lifetime of happiness, magic and a world of wedded bliss!

They both personify what love is all about…finding that special someone, the perfect partner…the one to share your dreams with…Michael and Terrence have each found their forever and I am over the moon happy for them both.

Congratulations to you both! You are both beaming brighter than the moon and the stars….all love should feel this grand.

Love you both,
    Maureen

8. I wish both of them the best of everything. Hmm, That was the name of a movie wasn’t it? I have seen Michael live many times and I have gone backstage to see him. I once drove up to Kutcher’s hotel to see his show. It was a nice comfortable setting. I recall sitting near an elderly couple and the husband was very tired and wanted to go up to their room. Well, the wife would not let him go until the show was over. I always knew he had a special someone in his life and I am glad he took it to this level. I miss seeing him in one-man shows. Good Luck to Michael and Terrence! Love Jeff.

9. Esther Tubis says:

Although I wish both Terrence and Michael all the happiness in the world, I was surprised to find that Mchael had a Boyfriend instead of a Girlfriend.
    I love his singing and have many of his records and they all seen to be
    love songs aimed at women. (I thought I was one of them). But
    to each his own and I wish them both happiness.

10. Richard says:

Michael is gay?! Did not know. Well… Be happy Michael and Terrence.

11. Rovnfan says:

Good for Michael and Terrence!!
    They deserve to be able to be husband and husband after 11years
    of partnership.
    I have always enjoyed listening to Michael and hoped that his love
    songs were directed to a special person.
    Glad to find out they were.
    God bless you both.

12. vinnie says:

I am a fan of Michael , who did not know of his sexual choices. I was a
    bit surprised, but it doesn’t alter how I feel about his talent. I am new
    to computers, but I play his recording of “I won’t send roses” every
    night. I’m straight, and been married to my bride, Mary, for 44 years.
    It’s just his interpretation of the song that I love. I wish the both of you
    the happiness I have enjoyed.

13. TODD says:

WELL MEN I DON’T KNOW QUITE WHAT TO SAY. MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE MARRIED 1 YEAR COME THIS OCTOBER. ALTHOUGH WE DIDN’T HAVE THE LARGE WEDDING AND INCREDIBLE GUEST LIST THAT YOU DID, WE STILL COULDN’T POSSIBLY BE ANY HAPPIER. I WISH YOU BOTH THE BEST AND ALSO HOPE THAT SOME DAY, NOT ONLY IN CALIFORNIA BUT IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, THAT WHAT EVER THE COMBINATION OF THE TWO IN LOVE THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO MARRY AND IT WILL BE RECOGNIZED WORLD WIDE. I GREATLY APPLAUD THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE WELL KNOWN AND TRULY GIFTED AS YOURSELF THAT DECIDED TO “GIT HITCHED” WHEN IT WAS LEGAL.

ONCE AGAIN MY BEST TO YOU AND MY YOU BOTH ENJOY HAPPINESS TOGETHER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES.

14. clark says:

As far as Mike being gay, you should research how Ira picked his ” research” assistants.

15. jroundtree says:

Happy for you, my time under your employ was an experience, I garnered what I needed. Be good to yourself, you are strong.

j roundtree

16. I enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for posting such awesome material.

17. blonde jokes says:

thnx for sharing this blog post.

18. Great page, I like how the website looks! The style is great!

19. get laid says:

Thanks for providing valuable information on the topic. Keep posting