Why am I not surprised that Sarah Palin would a) defend Josh Duggar being a sexual predator b) try to make the issue about something else entirely by going for a “liberal” to distract from the real issue? That’s indeed what’s happened, however. You see, Sarah thinks it’s bad of us to condemn the Duggars for their deplorable behavior when Lena Dunham ostensibly molested her younger sister as a child.
I’m just going to embed Palin’s entire Facebook post here, because it’s pretty lengthy and oh, believe you me, it’s worth reading:
HEY LENA, WHY NOT LAUGH OFF EVERYONE'S SEXUAL "EXPERIMENTS" AS YOU HAUGHTILY ENJOY REWARDS FOR YOUR OWN PERVERSION? YOU…
A few observations/comments now that we’ve all made it through that:
1. Lena Dunham IS deplorable. What she did was not only completely unacceptable, but the fact that she found it “story-worthy” and an endearing anecdote to put in her memoir is disturbing. I cannot stand Dunham (for more than that reason, but that’s a MAJOR one) and I do believe what she did counts as sexual abuse.
2. That being said, Dunham’s behavior literally has zero to do with Josh Duggar’s. They don’t know one another, they’ve never met, they’re not in the same circle… I mean, what? Only Palin could turn what is an issue that affects EVERYONE into a political one. She should be ashamed of herself, but I feel like we should know by now that’s not a feeling she’s capable of.
3. The reason everyone is going after Josh Duggar – who, let’s be clear, is a SERIAL OFFENDER who continued to commit these acts of pedophilia, molestation, and incest over a NUMBER of years and seemingly thought it was funny – AND his family is because the family is in this together. Not only did they do nothing to protect their daughters – HIS VICTIMS – but they did everything to conceal what he did from everyone and have consistently lied about it since. It’s disgusting.
4. Just because Dunham did something terrible doesn’t preclude Josh Duggar from doing something terrible or anyone else, either. There’s room enough for more than one asshole in this world. Palin’s entire Republican party proves that on a daily basis. You know, if you want to make it about politics.
There have been soooooo many rumours flying around over the years about Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith‘s marriage. Many of those rumours have been about the fact that Jada and/or Will are both gay and bearding for each other, while others have been about Will cheating nonstop. Jada addressed the latter on Howard Stern’s Sirius XM radio show yesterday (via US Weekly), saying she’s not really worried about all that because after all, he’s a grown ass man and she’s not a babysitter.
“We have traveled and you’ve gotta be strong. It takes work — you know that! Here’s the deal, Howard. You’ve gotta trust who you’re with. And at the end of the day, right, I’m not here to be anybody’s watcher. I’m not his watcher. He’s a grown man.”
“Here’s what I trust: The man that Will is… is a man of integrity. He’s got all the freedom in the world. As long as Will can look himself the mirror and be okay? I’m good.”
“When you can look in your man’s eyes and know that he’s holding you down and that he loves you. Here’s what’s real: I’m not the kind of woman that believes a man is not going to be attracted to another woman.”
“Just because a man is attracted to another woman does not mean that he does not love you. And it doesn’t mean that he’s going to act on it. If your man isn’t going to see another woman’s beauty, how the heck is he going to see yours?”
I mean, I can’t figure out if these two are just geniuses when it comes to relationship or utterly full of shit. My cynical side says the latter, but I dunno, guys. Could they possibly be the real deal?!
Poor Bobbi Kristina. As we all know, she’s been in a medically induced coma since being admitted to hospital in the beginning of this year, after she was found face-down in the bathtub of her Atlanta home. Her condition hasn’t improved since, but her family has continued to release statements of thanks for the support they’ve received from well-wishers and to update everyone on her status, despite there not being much change. Bobby Brown‘s sister, Leolah Brown, is the latest to issue a statement, which was published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution yesterday.
“We are allowing her to just continue healing in God’s Grace and Mercy,” the sister of Bobby Brown wrote in the post reported Wednesday by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Please continue to be patient with us.”
Her post continued: “We are all grateful to Almighty God for allowing us to still have Krissi with us! So with that said, let us keep our hearts and minds on Bobbi Kristina’s complete healing! While continuing in our patience. We love and appreciate you all! May God bless you all for your continued prayers.”
Again, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the family, who I assume by now have confronted the reality that a recovery – or even Bobbi regaining consciousness – is pretty unlikely. However, there’s always that small sliver of hope, and there have been rare occurrences in which it has actually happened… so I suppose all they can do is wait until they can’t wait anymore. Really, really sad.
Caitlyn Jenner only just revealed herself to the world in an amazing Vanity Fair shoot, but now we’ve also got the first trailer for her upcoming 8-part docuseries entitled I Am Cait, which follows her throughout this transition and gives an inside glimpse at what she’s been going through over the past several months.
The series will premiere on July 26th on E! (as you do) and looks pretty interesting. I probably won’t watch it, to be totally frank, but I think it’s important that she tells her story – both for herself and for the world in general – so I think it’s great.
Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar sat down with Megyn Kelly for Fox News yesterday to talk about their son Josh Duggar‘s history as a molester of underage girls, four of which happen to be his sisters (the other was a babysitter). While Josh’s parents say they were “devastated” by the realization that their son was a sex offender who “made bad choices”, they seemed to be more devastated by the idea that their TLC series was getting canceled so doing an interview about their son’s criminal behavior seemed the right thing to do.
In case you missed it, here are a few things that were said during the interview.
- Jim Bob & Michelle pulled Josh out of the house after discovering his behaviour and then said that they put “safeguards in place” to protect their daughters, though they refused to say what those safeguards were.
- The parents claim that more than one of Josh’s sisters was only “single digits” in age when Josh molested them, and they “didn’t understand” what had happened to them. Jim Bob & Michelle also claimed that the news of Josh’s molestation was more traumatizing to his victims than the actual molestation itself. Yes, seriously.
- Jim Bob & Michelle sent Josh off to a “Christian-based man” in Arkansas who “works with young men” to help cure him of his predatory ways.
- This gem: “Josh came to us. He was crying. He had just turned 14 and he said he had improperly touched some of our daughters. He said he was just curious about girls and he had gone in and just basically touched them over their clothes while they were sleeping. They didn’t even know he had done it.
- Jim Bob & Michelle also claim they “did the best [they] could”.
Well, that’s special. This family is a fucking mess and needs to disappear forever, and that’s the least of it. I feel so bad for their 19 kids – every last one of them, because they’re all victims in various ways, especially Josh. His parents have failed him and all the other kids in so many ways. It’s a wonder the rest of them are even functioning in society.
They say revenge is a dish best served at a public unveiling of your star on the Hollywood walk of fame, and that’s exactly what Bobby Flay got yesterday. The sun was shining and many were gathered to see the ceremony… and then a banner appeared overhead, flying from the back of a plane. That message said “CHEATER” plain as day, and it continued to fly back and forth until Flay’s ceremony concluded.
We can all safely assume this was Stephanie March‘s doing – or at least someone who knows and cares about her. Flay is pretty well known to have cheated on her repeatedly not only with his assistant, but with Mad Men actress January Jones. It seems he has a type.
Anyway, I love this story so much. Please let’s continue to humiliate Bobby Flay.
One would likely assume that the son of Tom Hanks, an esteemed actor with a seemingly decent amount of class, would be somewhat similar. Such is not the case with Chet Hanks, a grown Caucasian man who finds it perfectly acceptable to refer to his “niggaz” in a loving way… because he’s down with the rap culture, of course.
It all kicked off when Chet posted an Instagram photo with the following caption:
2 types of people in this world: those who know exactly what it is they want and are doing everything they can to get it; and those who just wander aimlessly through life because they are scared to death of failure. I’ve lost a lot of so called friends cuz they turned out to be the second kind. Fuck yall hating ass niggaz I’ll never stop chasing my dream ? #OneLifeOneGodOneLove
When people rightfully pointed out that a white guy – regardless of how much he loves rap music – has no place saying that word, Chet didn’t apologize. Instead, he posted a lengthy defense of why it’s his GOD-GIVEN RIGHT to say the word “nigga”, you’re just too dumb to realize it.