Anyone who watched the most recent version of The Real World: New Orleans will tell you that the relationship between cast members Jemmye and Knight was toxic, overly-emotional and doomed from the start, but if you needed any further proof, the two were thrown in jail together Saturday night.
The arrests happened after Jemmye claimed that a nightclub security guard punched her in the face and her boyfriend (yeah, they’re officially a couple now,) Ryan Knight, threw a punch in an attempt to defend her. They both took to their Twitter to report the incident, with Jemmye saying, “went 2 jail Bc a securit y guy punched me black eye from a grown *ss man yet the police arrest me This is y women are to scared 2 go 2 cops,” and Knight saying, “Got jumped because some f*cking bouncer hit @JustJem24. I got him but didn’t go so well for the 3on 1.”
Jemmye later posted a photo of herself with a black eye that you can see in the gallery below, but we’re now learning that the bruise most likely came from her own fist. A security guard at the nightclub reported that whenever the cops weren’t looking at Jemmye, she would strike herself in the face. Wow, looking for publicity by lying about abuse. Sounds like Jemmye may go to the same PR classes as Tila Tequila and Jayde Nicole.
These two idiots are the most recent former Bunim-Murray employees to spend time in the slammer. You may recall that just a couple weeks ago, Abe from Road Rules: South Pacific was arrested in Massachusetts for public intoxication and later smeared his jail cell walls with his own feces. Instead of letting these famewhoring idiots back out into the world after filming their show, can’t they just send them directly to Celebrity Rehab?
1) The girl on the phone at the beginning relaying to a friend back home that Las Vegas is beautiful. She has to be a moron. Las Vegas is exciting, fun and interesting, but it’s not beautiful. Especially not the freakin’ Hard Rock. It’s a den of sin and filth.
2) They are still working the same “discovering my bi-sexuality while shitfaced” bit that was a common theme in the first Vegas season. I doubt that sloppy girl-on-girl make outs don’t even bring in the same kind of ratings they did back in the day. I can find that on any channel.
3) Speaking of sex, why do all the roommates insist on taking it to the bone zone now? It took all the way until the 8th season of The Real World for a couple to emerge. Colin and Amaya from Hawaii. In all of the seasons since, people in the house have been open to starting these live-in flings that almost always turn into total nightmares. Longtime fans of the show always say this, but why can’t they all just get jobs together and try to overcome some adversity or something? Good clean fun.
4) That girl Heather looks like a girl I went to high school with who had really big puppy dog eyes and straight blond hair that would hang around her face when she tilted her head down. She’d chew on her finger and stare at you longingly, and she was the biggest bitch I knew. She was judgmental and mad rude and used her adorable exterior to hide that. I also went to college with a girl who looked like that, and she was the same way, but worse. I’m assuming that Heather’s going to be secretly the worst person there the whole time but it wont come out until somewhere toward the end. I hate people like that. Ugh.
5) I’m gathering that Heather and Dustin hook up and then Heather Googles him and it turns out that he made a sex tape once (I’m guessing. Normally they like, at least hint at one of the season’s major plot lines in these previews so that you don’t feel like a used condom after watching it, but they didn’t do that this year.) She looks all disturbed and judgmental (I told you!) but what did she expect? She’s on The Real World, a show that went from having future doctors and underground rappers as housemates to basically a cesspool of the lowest forms of human. Of course there’s going to be a porn star in the house! And some tacky girls who think it’s fun to kiss while boys are watching AND a meat brain who punches a framed photo off of a wall!
MTV, please don’t do this to us again. Set next season in a college town and get some salt of the earth types. I bet you.