Taylor Swift was voted biggest pop star in the world by you guys, so on her 24th birthday, I thought I’d give her the gift of a birthday post. I’m sure she’s touched. Let’s take a look at the highlights (and lowlights) of her year.
- Partied with Bon Jovi and Prince William.
- Landed the cover of New York Magazine for being “the biggest pop star in the world” (which you guys agreed with.)
- Got dissed by Victoria’s Secret.
- Plucked a role in The Giver movie.
- Opened her own music school.
- Won her 6th songwriting award.
- Made Ed Sheeran some jam with a Kanye reference.
- Chipped a tooth while performing.
- Canceled a special concert for a fan after that fan turned out to be a 4Chan creep.
- Got made fun of by Abercrombie and Fitch.
- Expressed disdain for Justin Bieber.
- May have gotten breast implants.
- Bought a mansion for $17 million.
- Was voted one of Hollywood’s most hated celebs.
- Thought she might be single forever.
- Guest-starred on New Girl.
- Was called “hot” by Steven Tyler
- Thew her fan mail in the trash.
- Didn’t sell magazines very well (at least Cosmo).
- Invited all her exes to write songs about her.
- Looked stunning at the Grammys (and won for “Best Song Written For Visual Media” whatever that really means.)
What a year! What was your favorite Taylor Swift moment? Or least?
December 13, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
So, boys, are you intimidated by Taylor Swift‘s prowess? I could see why you might be – she’s been a worldwide megastar since she was barely a teenager and her list of former boyfriends is longer than my arm. To add to it, she’s not shy about putting relationships gone awry into her music, so if you take one wrong step, you could become the subject of her next hit single.
Whether or not men are a bit shy around her, or even put off by her power, she doesn’t know and tries not to think about it, as she told Hello magazine. After all, she’s a traditional girl and any guy who wants a chance with her would probably have to start talking to her first (thereby negating the whole ‘indimidation’ thing, I suppose):
“I suppose it might [be intimidating]. It’s not like I would look at a guy and say, ‘Hey, are you intimidated by me?’ I think that would be highly uncool on my part! I tend not to be the one to start conversations with guys, anyway. I’m a little more old-fashioned than that.
“I assume that if someone is interested in me they will come up and talk to me – and if they want to call me up afterwards, then they will. I try not to wishfully think my way into relationships – or maybe I should say I’m trying not to do that anymore.”
I think that’s all fair enough, but I have to say, I find it SO bizarre and vaguely disgusting how incestual the celebrity dating pool is. Taylor used to date John Mayer, who we all know is now dating Katy Perry, but Taylor and Katy are good friends and have been for years. I know that kinda shit happens – friends date their friends’ exes quite often, I suppose? – but I just think it’s weird and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Anyway, I do love me some TaySwift. I think she’s great! And sometimes, you know, she helps you through the hard times. Isn’t that right, Jess?
December 4, 2013 at 11:30 am by Jennifer
The trio did a nice little rendition of ‘Living On a Prayer’ together at the Winter Whites Gala to support homeless charity Centrepoint on Tuesday night, and stars like Benedict Cumberbatch and James Blunt were in attendance. Kate Middleton, however, wasn’t there – she got left at home to watch the baby. BOO!
Here’s what Taylor had to say about the event:
“It’s positively magical here. There are fairy lights and there is fake snow falling from the sky and everything is just gorgeous. I am just very lucky to be here.
“I don’t think I have ever played in a palace before. So it will be really wonderful. This evening is so special… It is for a charity that as well as being very important to Prince William is also very important to me.”
November 27, 2013 at 12:30 pm by Jennifer
The American Music Awards happened and I don’t think anyone really cared that much, but here’s your outfit recap, just in case. Yeah, it’s a day late. Honestly, who really cares? We covered Katy Perry’s “is this offensive” Geisha performance, which was probably the most interesting thing of the whole night. So here’s the outfits, a touch late, but we can still have fun oooo-ing and aaaah-ing and WTF-ing. Which is what I’ll need your help with. I want you to pick the best, worst, and most WTF outfit of the night. Here we go!
November 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Miranda Kerr, looking f-cking perfect. Or should I say, Kerrfect? Ha. Ha. HA.
Hey, who’s ready for best and worst celebrity looks of the week?! Everyone? Great! Take a look at some noteworthy looks from this week and then you tell me who wins for:
Here we go!
November 23, 2013 at 8:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
New York Magazine thinks they know who the biggest pop star in the world is — and it’s Taylor Swift (cover above). Ms. Swift poured her “Not right for Victoria’s Secret” heart out to the magazine. Here’s some juicy bits, via E Online:
- … allowing yourself to feel raw, real emotions in public is something I’m never going to be afraid to do.
- I’m fine with being honest with my fans about the fact that it’s okay that everything isn’t okay all the time. I love my life, I love my career, I love my friends—but things are not okay all the time. So I don’t sing about things being okay all the time.
- There’s a spin on every single celebrity out there. I know that one of my spins is: ‘Oh, Taylor’s heartbroken. Oh, Taylor fell in love and the guy broke her heart. She’s sad all the time, and lonely.’
- I’m a songwriter. Everything affects me.
- I only write songs about crazy love.
Enough of this, we want to know who you think the biggest pop star in the world is.