Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi is known for her drunken escapades and basically, that’s sort of it. Of course, her life has changed plenty since the Jersey Shore days. She’s got a baby now, she’s on Dancing with the Stars and she’s lost a lot of weight. Like, a lot of weight – 50 lbs, and that’s a lot especially for someone so short. She was never “fat”, but you know what society is like – her nickname used to be “meatball”, for God’s sake – and I guess she really wanted to get fit, so here we are. Snooki is a size 0 now and she’s really proud of that. Like, really proud.
From Life & Style:
“I used to hate going to the gym, but now I love it,” she admits. “I lift very heavy weights, and I’m strong!”
DWTS is helping to keep her fit as well. “It’s helping to keep my legs and everything else toned. Dancing is an amazing workout! I’m a size 0 and damn proud of it!”
Well, good for her. I recently lost 30 lbs and I’m thrilled as shit, so it’s definitely something to be proud of. Still, it’s a shame that it just reenforces the idea that if society has enough to say about how you personally exist – especially as a woman – you’ll eventually change to conform. On the flip side, Snooki seems to really have got into the groove and loves working out, so I don’t think this is all about outward pressure. Either way, uh, you go girl?
October 7, 2013 at 11:30 am by Jennifer
Celebrity boob alert! Snooki is talking about her boobs and not favorably. She says they’re “disgusting.” And she’s blaming her kids. Motherhood and all that. I guess some women experience boob saggage after having kids, but she’s only 25. Poor girl. She can afford to get them fixed though, which is what she’s thinking of doing. As told to Bethenny Frankel on her show Bethenny (via People):
My boobs are disgusting. My boobs are hanging, my boobs got so big. You can’t see now because I have a bra – I have a Victoria’s Secret Wonder Bra on – but when I don’t, they just sag and it’s like skin, so I am thinking of getting a boob job maybe … I want to feel confident with my boobies and I don’t.
Frankel told her to, “get the lift.” Jeez.
You can currently see Snooki dancing her boobs off on Dancing with the Stars.
September 20, 2013 at 5:30 am by Catherine St. Ives
BILL NYE. BILL FREAKING NYE. Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is one of twelve contestants competing in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars. Fantastic!! Here are the rest of your dancing heroes.
– Snooki. Yes, it’s happened.
– Leah Remini rumors were true, though she was not on Good Morning America this morning with the rest of the cast. I hope she’s safe.
– Valerie Harper, which was already confirmed.
– Glee alum Amber Riley. (She will be paired with Derek Hough. If you watch the show, you know this is a very surprising partner for her to get.)
– Elizabeth Berkley.
– Jack Osbourne.
– NFL player Keyshawn Johnson (no idea, sports are so painfully not my thing.)
– Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical, isn’t that practically cheating?)
– Brant Daugherty, actor. No effing idea. Apparently he’s known for Pretty Little Liars.
– Bill Engvall, comedian. No idea.
– Christina Milian.
Are you going to watch?
Wait, I just realized who Keyshawn Johnson is. He’s the dude who keeps driving Justin Bieber‘s cars and effing them up. Brilliant.
September 4, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Brace yourselves: Dancing with the Stars is coming, and with it, casting rumors! I LOVE DWTS CASTING RUMORS. First, here are the confirmed dancers:
– Valerie Harper, of Rhoda fame (confirmed by TMZ). Valerie Harper is also badass in her own right. She’s got a form of terminal brain cancer but she wants to do DWTS to bring as much attention to cancer research as possible. I’m guessing she’s donating her fee to that, too. It’s great that she’s feeling well enough to do this show. People make fun of it, but DWTS can be very grueling, physically and mentally.
Now for the “pretty much confirmed”:
– Amber Riley, former Glee cast member (Wetpaint).
– Elizabeth Berkley (of Showgirls and Jessie “I’m so excited I’m so excited I’m so…SCARED!” Spano of Saved By The Bell).
– Leah Remini, ex-Scientologist, badass, and former King of Queens star.
August 28, 2013 at 4:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Kim Kardashian is always tweeting about something inane. Sometimes she’ll try to tweet about a product without it being incredibly obvious that they’re asking her to. But it’s always obvious. Lohan has been doing her own product endorsement, although the company claims they are not paying her.
And yes, apparently some celebs get paid to tweet about companies and products — even the D-list celebs. The more followers/famous the celeb, the more money they can command per tweet. For example, Kim Kardashian can get (allegedly) around $20,000 per tweet. Frankie Muniz can only get $252. (Nelson Muntz laugh here.)
May 31, 2013 at 4:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Snooki, AKA Nicole Polizzi, of Jersey Shore and the public consciousness, dramatically switched up her look. The reality star was seen with friend JWoww at an airport looking more hipster than…whatever it is her style is called. She was photographed wearing some sort of Lydia Deetz hat, Ray Ban Wayfarer-esque glasses, cropped leather jacket, tee proclaiming, ‘Be Yourself Everyone Else Is Already Taken — Oscar Wilde’ (LOL), slim black jeans, and those gigantic wooden platform boot things that Jeffery Campbell sent to earth to destroy us all. Ms. Polizzi tops off this look with very long very red (like Ariel of The Little Mermaid) red hair. Whatever, I don’t hate it, it’s loads better than her usual look. That tan though, that’s going to stay forever.