Paris Jackson, daughter of Michael, was rushed to the hospital this morning amid rumors of an attempted suicide. Though anyone who attempts suicide can likely attest it’s for a number of reasons, TMZ suggest it may have stemmed from frustration over a Marilyn Manson concert. Here is TMZ’s timeline:
Paris Jackson was rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning, and sources tell us it was a suicide attempt.
Paris was taken out of her Calabasas family house [note: this is not her grandmother's house, as Katherine Jackson lives in Encino] on a stretcher at around 2 AM and taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.
The 911 call came in at 1:27 AM. We’re told the caller reported a possible overdose, although a source connected to the emergency response said there were multiple cuts on one of her wrists.
– 9:51 AM PST: A source closely connected to Paris tells TMZ … she has “tried this [a possible suicide attempt] in the past” but “this was far more serious. It was not a cry for help.”
– 10:14 AM PST: Debbie Rowe‘s lawyer, Eric George, tells TMZ: “We appreciate everyone’s thoughts for Paris at this time and their respect for the family’s privacy.”
10:14 AM PST: A source connected to the family tells TMZ … Paris “threw a fit” last night after she was told she couldn’t go to a Marilyn Manson concert. We’re told she ran into her room screaming and slammed the door.
– 11:33 AM PT — Katherine Jackson’s attorney tells TMZ … “Paris is physically fine and is getting appropriate medical attention.” The lawyer, Perry Sanders, adds, “Being a sensitive 15 year old is difficult no matter who you are. It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you.”
– 12:44 PM PT – Jackson brothers Jackie, Marlon and Tito just sent this statement to TMZ: “Thank you for the outpouring of concern and support for Paris. She is safe and doing fine. We truly appreciate you respecting our family privacy at this time.”
TMZ is very quick to point out that Paris was posting “cryptic tweets”. Yesterday Miss Jackson tweeted the Beatles lyrics,
yesterday , all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks as though they’re here to stay
Paris often tweets lyrics of her favorite artists, so who knows if this means anything at all. At this time it sounds as though the family isn’t denying the suicide rumors. I sincerely hope she’s doing well.
Also, who the f-ck is leaking all of this personal info? I’m talking about details like, “Paris threw a fit [...] ran into her room screaming and slammed the door.” That had to be from somebody in the house at the time, which means it was probably someone close the family, which means that’s shady as hell to release that to the press. Unless of course it’s all made up. In which case, still not cool.
June 5, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
1. It’s La Toya Jackson.
2. It’s not on a major network.
3. It’s La Toya Jackson.
4. OWN has been struggling.
5. It’s La Toya Jackson.
6. It premiered on a Saturday.
7. It’s La Toya Jackson.
TV By The Numbers has the exact stats:
The new original series “Life With La Toya” starring La Toya Jackson attracted 1.5 million total viewers for the night with 1.2 million viewers tuning in to the premiere episode from 10:30-11 p.m. and an additional 283,000 total viewers watching the encore at 1:30 a.m.
With this solid ratings performance, OWN’s Saturday primetime lineup ranked #1 across all broadcast and cable in key African-American demos (AA W25-54, AA W18-49, AA households and total viewers). In addition, OWN was the #1 social network in primetime (non-sports) on Saturday in all of TV according to Bluefin.
Amazing. Here’s a description of the premiere episode from the official website:
After La Toya’s mother grows upset when talking about Michael, La Toya cheers her up by stopping at a candy shop to get her favorite sweets. You can’t cry when you’re eating candy!
I’m not judging, lord knows I watch my share of embarrassing television (Splash, anyone? No?). If you watched it, please tell me what you thought and give me some highlights because now I’m curious. Someone better get her away from MJ’s kids, though, she looks at them and sees ratings.
And can someone tell me at what point she changed her name from LaToya to La Toya? It’s making my life so much harder.
April 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
What a weird tale. After Katherine Jackson was maybe kidnapped by her own children as a part of some kind of attempt to change Michael Jackson‘s will, a lot of stuff went down. You remember. The police got involved, Janet Jackson slapped little Paris, and then Katherine lost custody of the kids. And then at the end of it all, I guess Katherine was able to check her Facebook or something, and when she realized what was happening, she made that weird statement that everything was ok and she just wanted to go on vacation without having to worry about those damn kids.
Well, that was last week. This week, Katherine has a whole new story:
Katherine Jackson is strongly suggesting she was tricked into traveling to Tucson last month and BLOCKED from communicating with MJ’s children — this according to a sworn declaration by Katherine herself.
Katherine filed the declaration as part of her bid to obtain co-guardianship over Prince, Paris, and Blanket.
In the docs, Katherine claims she was scheduled to go on a road trip to New Mexico to watch her sons in concert — but on July 14th, an unnamed doctor showed up to her house and told her it was better for her to take a plane instead.
Katherine says she obliged — believing the doctor was under the orders of her longtime physician — but when she got off the plane … she found herself in Tucson, where she had been set up at a luxury resort.
According to her lawyer, “Her children took her to a spa … because she had high blood pressure.”
When she got to the resort, Katherine says her phone and iPad were taken away — and her in-room telephone was disconnected. She says her TV was also shut off.
When Katherine asked about the grandchildren, she was told “they were fine” and there was nothing to worry about. She says she did NOT know she had been reported missing and her grandkids were freaking out.
Katherine says, ”At the time, I trusted the people I was with to be honest with me.”
She never said, as far as we know, who exactly were “the people I was with,” but I’m guessing it was one or two of her shady children.
But she did seek that co-guardianship, and she got it: they’re still working out all the details, but she’ll share custody with T.J. Jackson, the kids’ cousin who stepped up when the rest of his family got too crazy.
What will you come up with next, Jackson family?!
August 3, 2012 at 5:30 am by Emily
Well, this is suspicious.
She also said that she was “devastated” that she lost custody of her grandchildren, and that she absolutely wasn’t kidnapped because her children “would never do a thing to me like that, hold me against my will,” and “it’s very stupid for people to think that.” Oh, and you know how poor Paris Jackson thought she was missing? It was because Katherine never called because “I just gave up my phone and I didn’t want to have any phone calls while I was there.” Right.
So, ok, Katherine left her grandchildren at home without telling them where she was going or even that she was leaving, she didn’t call them because she just didn’t want to, and now she’s “devastated” that she lost custody of them? What? These kids are 15, 14, and 10, you can’t just leave them to go chill at a spa for a couple weeks, even if it’s on doctor’s orders. Oh, and doing an interview where no one is allowed to ask questions and where the people who have allegedly kidnapped and brainwashed you are standing over you, pointing to the piece of paper you’re supposed to be reading from? That’s not going to do a whole lot to dispel any rumors, girl.
Oh, and good ol’ Joe Jackson? We were wondering about him yesterday, but now we know that he’s been squatting in the house where Katherine and Michael Jackson’s kids had been living before all this recent craziness, so we can go ahead and check Joe off our list of people to worry about.
July 26, 2012 at 5:30 am by Emily
I don’t even know why I’m bothering to cover this when there are RELATIONSHIPS BEING TORN APART BY SELFISH, BITCHY, FOUL CHEATING, but I am, and here’s the latest:
—Katherine Jackson’s legal and physical guardianship of Paris, Blanket, and Prince Jackson is temporarily suspended.
—TJ Jackson, a cousin or something of the kids, has been named temporary guardian of all three children.
—A laywer is advising TJ Jackson to move for permanent guardianship, thus removing Grandma Katherine Jackson from the child-rearing altogether.
—TJ claims that there’s something wrong with Katherine, and wherever she is, she sounded like she was speaking to him “in code” via phone.
—Katherine’s lawyer claims that she believes Katherine is being held against her will.
—Where the f-ck is Joe Jackson is all of this? Is he dead? I just don’t even know.
—Katherine is supposedly “coming home” today, from wherever it is she’s been (people are saying a spa, and a spa that doesn’t even allow its patrons to have phones).
I’m going to ask this question one more time: what the hell is going on in this family? Where is Katherine Jackson, for real, and is she ever going to be able to go on vacation ever again (if that’s where she is, anyway)?
July 25, 2012 at 12:30 pm by Sarah
Something really fishy is going on with this whole Katherine Jackson thing. She was reported missing, but now she’s not missing, but she could possibly be in the process of being brainwashed so that she’s actually missing even though she doesn’t believe she’s missing. I know, it’s complicated, but let’s break down all the recent developments in convenient bullet points, all right?
- Yesterday, TMZ got a photo of Katherine at a spa in Arizona, playing Uno with some family members. Nothing to see here!
- But just an hour after that, we learned that police had been sent to the Jackson family’s house in California after someone reported an assault. The story is that “someone inside accused someone else present of a physical assault.” No one got arrested, but a report was made.
- Here’s where it starts to get interesting: yesterday, just before that assault happened, a few unnamed Jacksons confronted Michael Jackson’s kids when they arrived at Katherine’s home, yelling at them and trying to take their cell phones. The children were taken away to “a safe location,” and that’s when the assault occurred. It was then revealed somehow that “a plan has been in place for the last three years to remove Katherine Jackson from her home and her beloved grandchildren.” SHOCKING.
- But here’s where it starts to get really interesting: the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate believe that Katherine has actually been kidnapped by her own children so they can convince her that Michael’s will, which, in case you forgot, leaves all his money to his children and none to his siblings, was faked. The executors are also going to court to request an emergency guardianship for Michael’s kids, since Katherine is god knows where.
If you’re still confused, I don’t blame you. I guess the gist of it all is that Michael Jackson’s brothers and sisters are f-cked up and greedy as hell, they’re trying to convince their mother to be the same way, and also they want to steal money from children. Oh, and Katherine Jackson may still be missing.