Here’s how this started. I saw this picture of Evan Rachel Wood looking all neat and fancy, and I wanted to show you guys. But then I saw a picture of Emma Stone looking like the most adorable girl that’s ever been, and I wanted to show you guys that, too. But since I have a lot to talk about today, I had to choose between my two favorite ladies. And, well, I couldn’t.
October 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm by Emily
And just so you know, the full title of this post should actually be “Just Because The World Decided to Throw Me A Goddamn Bone and Give Me A Set of Photos Featuring Three of My Very Favorite Things.” Seriously, Ryan Gosling? Emma Stone? DOG?! How else am I supposed to take these pictures? If this isn’t the universe’s way of telling me that I’m on a righteous path, then I honestly don’t know what else it could possibly be.
So here you have it, friends: my cosmic reward, or another excellent reason to see The Gangster Squad. Either one works for me!
September 23, 2011 at 4:30 am by Emily
I say that with lots of love, guys, because Jim Carrey‘s like the brother I never had (OK – the brother I wish I’d had). I really felt for him during his very public breakup with Jenny McCarthy, because I think it hit him hard (and if you don’t, well then. You have some light reading to do, friends), and I think he’s ultra funny and entertaining. Plus, despite the fact that he’s a big, bad movie star with a repertoire a mile long, he does fun stuff in public with his daughter, and that speaks volumes.
However. Cyber-stalking our precious Emma Stone? I know she’s gorgeous and talented and funnyman in her own right, but practically asking for dates via YouTube isn’t exactly … oh, wait. Never mind. I positively frigging loved this.
Good luck, Jim – I hope you get your girl!
August 25, 2011 at 9:30 am by Sarah
“Confidence is the only key. I know a lot of people who aren’t traditionally ‘beautiful’ — not symmetrical or perfect-bodied or perfect-skinned. But none of that matters because all that shines through is their confidence, humor and comfort with themselves. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.”
But really, how magical is this girl? I know I haven’t talked about her since July, and I feel just terrible about that, but trust me, she was always on my mind. I just think there’s something so beautiful and refreshing about her, and I’m so excited for her life. And this little quote just makes my heart swell!
Let the Emma Stone love commence!
August 21, 2011 at 5:00 pm by Emily
Is it me, or does this movie look insanely good? What? You’ve never even heard of it? Well it hits theaters today, so you better check out this trailer and GET SOME:
Seriously. Awesome. And could Emma Stone be any more lovable? And this movie. I saw the trailer the other day for the first time while I was sitting in a doctor’s office, waiting for my husband to get a colonoscopy. Good times, huh? So, I don’t know if it was the effect of all that anesthesia running through the air purification system or what, but this movie looks like it could end up being one shelved next to the others in my massive “favorite movie” collection.
You guys going to go see this business?
August 10, 2011 at 6:30 am by Sarah
Here’s how my day starts: I wake up, I snuggle with my boyfriend until I’m on the brink of peeing my pants, I go to the bathroom, I check on the dogs, I check my email, and then I check up on good ol’ Evil Beet. Today, I got through all those steps admirably, and then once I got to the last one, I noticed that, in the morning links, there was a link titled “10 things you may not know about Emma Stone.” Talk about starting a day off right.
Just in case you don’t check out the links as much as you should (and you really should), I’m going to be a doll and let you know those ten facts:
1. Emma dropped out of high school at 15 to pursue acting full-time. She eventually finished via home schooling.
2. Emma’s natural hair color is blonde. When she was a teenager she dyed it brown. But, it was Judd Apatow who was the first one to suggest to her to change her hair color to red for her role in Superbad.
3. Alongside Rumer Willis and Katharine McPhee, Emma covered “I Know What Boys Want” by The Waitresses for The House Bunny.
4. She learned to play bass for her role in The Rocker.
5. In 2008, Emma was romantically linked to her The Rocker co-star, Teddy Geiger.
6. Emma is really good friends with her Superbad co-star Jonah Hill. She’s also close friends with Taylor Swift.
7. She convinced her parents to let her move to Hollywood and pursue acting by making a PowerPoint presentation to Madonna’s song “Hollywood”.
8. Emma auditioned for the role of Claire Bennet on NBC’s ‘Heroes’. She told Vanity Fair in their August issue, “I could hear that, in the other room, a girl had just gone in and they were saying, ‘You are our pick … On a scale of 1 to 10 you’re an 11… I went home and just had this meltdown”. The girl in the other room was Hayden Panettiere.
9. When she was younger, Emma was really into HTML and web design.
10. While growing up in Arizona, Emma acted in a local theatre production of The Wiz with future American Idol winner Jordin Sparks.
So there you have it. Now we know that the glorious Emma Stone can play the bass, is BFFs with Taylor Swift, and makes really impressive PowerPoints. I think I’ll go ahead and start building her a shrine now.