Because Lifetime is a network that likes to shit all over anything good in life (and still make you really want to watch it in the process), they’re doing an unauthorized Saved By the Bell movie, which will apparently focus not on the show, but on the behind-the-scenes drama that went on during filming it… and there was apparently plenty of it. Oh, and lots of drugs and sex, too (this according to Dustin Diamond, mind).
While people who grew up watching the show are pretty keen to see this, there’s one person in particular who is not a fan of the idea: Elizabeth Berkley, who played Jessie Spano.
“I know nothing about what they are planning,” the Showgirls star, 41, admitted to Us Weekly. “I’m not really curious about it because we know the life we led, and I have no idea what their picture of it is. So who knows!”
Here’s hoping that storyline where Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills wasn’t pulled from real life, I guess? Y’all know I will torrent and watch the shit out of this movie. Saved By the Bell was my life growing up – I even wrote a fan letter to Tiffani Amber Thiessen when I was like, 8, and got a pre-printed “autographed” postcard back that I kept on my windowsill. (Yes, I was clearly always gay.)
Anyhow, just as a reminder, here’s EBerks in her Jessie Spano heyday:
Yesssss, bring back the ’90s!
July 21, 2014 at 5:00 am by Jennifer
Emma Slater with comedian Bill Engvall was voted off in the semi-finals the night before.
And the winning couple is…
November 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
BILL NYE. BILL FREAKING NYE. Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is one of twelve contestants competing in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars. Fantastic!! Here are the rest of your dancing heroes.
– Snooki. Yes, it’s happened.
– Leah Remini rumors were true, though she was not on Good Morning America this morning with the rest of the cast. I hope she’s safe.
– Valerie Harper, which was already confirmed.
– Glee alum Amber Riley. (She will be paired with Derek Hough. If you watch the show, you know this is a very surprising partner for her to get.)
– Elizabeth Berkley.
– Jack Osbourne.
– NFL player Keyshawn Johnson (no idea, sports are so painfully not my thing.)
– Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical, isn’t that practically cheating?)
– Brant Daugherty, actor. No effing idea. Apparently he’s known for Pretty Little Liars.
– Bill Engvall, comedian. No idea.
– Christina Milian.
Are you going to watch?
Wait, I just realized who Keyshawn Johnson is. He’s the dude who keeps driving Justin Bieber‘s cars and effing them up. Brilliant.
September 4, 2013 at 3:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Brace yourselves: Dancing with the Stars is coming, and with it, casting rumors! I LOVE DWTS CASTING RUMORS. First, here are the confirmed dancers:
– Valerie Harper, of Rhoda fame (confirmed by TMZ). Valerie Harper is also badass in her own right. She’s got a form of terminal brain cancer but she wants to do DWTS to bring as much attention to cancer research as possible. I’m guessing she’s donating her fee to that, too. It’s great that she’s feeling well enough to do this show. People make fun of it, but DWTS can be very grueling, physically and mentally.
Now for the “pretty much confirmed”:
– Amber Riley, former Glee cast member (Wetpaint).
– Elizabeth Berkley (of Showgirls and Jessie “I’m so excited I’m so excited I’m so…SCARED!” Spano of Saved By The Bell).
– Leah Remini, ex-Scientologist, badass, and former King of Queens star.
August 28, 2013 at 4:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Saved by the Bell” is another step closer to a comeback … Mr. Belding himself — aka Dennis Haskins — tells TMZ he’s all for a Bayside High reunion, just days after Mark-Paul Gosselaar said he wasn’t opposed to the idea.
TMZ broke the story … Mark-Paul was in L.A. last weekend … and told our photog, if the upcoming “Boy Meets World” revamp works out, then “maybe we’ll do a reunion as well.”
That’s all it took for Mr. Belding to board the gravy train … telling TMZ, “I have always supported a reunion of any kind including all of us” … before adding, “Honestly, the fans still love us and our show so much … they deserve it!”
As for the rest of the cast, getting them together may be tricky — Jimmy Fallon nearly made it happen in 2009 … until Tiffani Thiessen put the kibosh on the whole thing.
Man. Can I tell you how much I hope this happens? I really, really hope this happens. Mr. Belding, I don’t care all that much for, because he’s just like whatever, but seeing Zack and Kelly rekindle their on-screen romance? Come on, Kapowski. It’s not as if you’ve got anything better going on. Might want to rethink the 2009 Kibosh, huh?
As for the rest of the cast, I think it’d be super good publicity, too. Lark Voorhies … well, we all know what kind of craziness she’s been up to lately, and if Dustin Diamond isn’t too busy filming scat porn, then we’ve got those two also. Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley? Easy. Mario would just be in his glory to be around three hot pieces of ass all at once, and Elizabeth, well. Where the hell has she been, anyway? … Never mind. Don’t answer that.
January 24, 2013 at 6:30 am by Sarah
I know, I know – it’s ‘Elizabeth Berkley,’ or whatever, but from my fond-ass memories, she’ll remain the perfect, AC Slater-loving Jessie Spano probably for the rest of my life. Unless, of course, she does another horrible life-of-a-stripper movie, and then I might be forced to reneg on that whole ‘perfect’ thing for another few years.
But anyway, girlfriend wrote a book and did a signing and all I can think about is that one episode of Saved by the Bell where she gets addicted to caffeine pills as a means of doing all of her schoolwork and meeting her social obligations on time.
Judging by the looks of these photos, her friends at Bayside need to stage an immediate intervention – it looks like Jessie’s back on the smack again.