Because Lifetime is a network that likes to shit all over anything good in life (and still make you really want to watch it in the process), they’re doing an unauthorized Saved By the Bell movie, which will apparently focus not on the show, but on the behind-the-scenes drama that went on during filming it… and there was apparently plenty of it. Oh, and lots of drugs and sex, too (this according to Dustin Diamond, mind).
While people who grew up watching the show are pretty keen to see this, there’s one person in particular who is not a fan of the idea: Elizabeth Berkley, who played Jessie Spano.
“I know nothing about what they are planning,” the Showgirls star, 41, admitted to Us Weekly. “I’m not really curious about it because we know the life we led, and I have no idea what their picture of it is. So who knows!”
Here’s hoping that storyline where Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills wasn’t pulled from real life, I guess? Y’all know I will torrent and watch the shit out of this movie. Saved By the Bell was my life growing up – I even wrote a fan letter to Tiffani Amber Thiessen when I was like, 8, and got a pre-printed “autographed” postcard back that I kept on my windowsill. (Yes, I was clearly always gay.)
Anyhow, just as a reminder, here’s EBerks in her Jessie Spano heyday:
Yesssss, bring back the ’90s!
Dancing with the Stars had its big finale last night, and guess who won? The last three couples were Karina Smirnoff with High School Musical‘s Corbin Bleu…
…Cheryl Burke with Jack Osbourne…
…and Derek Hough with Glee alum Amber Riley.
Emma Slater with comedian Bill Engvall was voted off in the semi-finals the night before.
And the winning couple is…
BILL NYE. BILL FREAKING NYE. Bill Nye “The Science Guy” is one of twelve contestants competing in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars. Fantastic!! Here are the rest of your dancing heroes.
– Snooki. Yes, it’s happened.
– Leah Remini rumors were true, though she was not on Good Morning America this morning with the rest of the cast. I hope she’s safe.
– Valerie Harper, which was already confirmed.
– Glee alum Amber Riley. (She will be paired with Derek Hough. If you watch the show, you know this is a very surprising partner for her to get.)
– Elizabeth Berkley.
– Jack Osbourne.
– NFL player Keyshawn Johnson (no idea, sports are so painfully not my thing.)
– Corbin Bleu (from High School Musical, isn’t that practically cheating?)
– Brant Daugherty, actor. No effing idea. Apparently he’s known for Pretty Little Liars.
– Bill Engvall, comedian. No idea.
– Christina Milian.
Are you going to watch?
Wait, I just realized who Keyshawn Johnson is. He’s the dude who keeps driving Justin Bieber‘s cars and effing them up. Brilliant.