Is this cowgirl chic?
Is that what you’d call it?
Everything about it screams that I should hate it.
And, yet, I want it.
Why, God? Why?
On TRL this week.
November 28, 2007 at 7:45 am by Evil Beet
Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens put their on-screen differences aside to mug for the cameras at the American Music Awards, where High School Musical 2 won favorite soundtrack.
Daughtry took home the breakthrough artist award.
November 18, 2007 at 8:09 pm by Evil Beet
Those naked pics didn’t ruin her career. (Like we ever thought they would.)
Vanessa will be back for HSM 3, as will Ashley Tisdale.
“Vanessa is locked for the movie,â€ a HSM3 source says. â€œShe is very happy that the deal is done.â€
The source also says Vanessa will receive a “substantial increase” in pay.
Well, of course. She’s a household name now. Ashley Tisdale’s kicking herself for not thinking of it first.
I think everyone needs to start leaking naked pictures of themselves. Teachers, policemen, janitors, bloggers — all the underappreciated, underpaid members of our fine society — should just start randomly leaking naked photos of themselves and then expect a pay raise and a reality TV show. It seems to be a surefire way to make a name for yourself.
November 2, 2007 at 1:43 pm by Evil Beet
Everyone seemed to be in a genuinely good mood on Sunday at the Disney-sponsored event to support the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation in Westwood.
Jamie-Lynn Spears was there with an unidentified guest (a boyfriend, maybe? Anyone know who this Abercrombied hottie is?), and, boy, she must just be really happy that it’s not her sister in jail right now. A very pregnant Bridget Moynahan was goofing around with an adorable Molly Sims. Lauren Conrad showed up with Audrina Patridge (not surprisingly, there was no Heidi Montag in sight). Carmen Electra showed up, as did ex-hubby Dave Navarro (wearing the most adorable little shirt — I’m pretty sure I got the same one at Banana Republic a few seasons ago). Brooke Burke even brought a cowboy hat. And, of course, my darling Ashley Tisdale, once again investing her time and energy in charity rather than partying.
June 10, 2007 at 4:16 pm by Evil Beet
The 21-year-old star of Disney’s High School Musical never shows up at Hyde. Or Teddy’s. Or Area. She released her debut album, Headstrong, in February of this year, which peaked at #5 on the Billboard charts, and was #1 on the kids charts for quite awhile (if you’re over the age of 12, you might know it from the single “He Said She Said”). On Friday, while Paris Hilton and her mom were sobbing hysterically over the pain, fear and isolation Paris is facing for following up a DUI with two probation violations, Ashley Tisdale was in the studio recording voice-overs for the Starlight Foundation, which helps seriously ill children and their families cope with the pain, fear and isolation they face because they’re seriously ill (Jamie Lee Curtis is the national spokesperson).
So for everyone who gives us gossip bloggers shit for casting the spotlight on the very least responsible of celebrities, here are some adorable pictures of Ashley in the studio on Friday. But keep in mind that you’re all bored already, and you’re only here to see if Paris Hilton decided to attempt suicide overnight.
June 9, 2007 at 12:07 am by Evil Beet
Move over, Paris Hilton. You’re getting old, literally and figuratively. A whole new crop of beauties are prepared to storm the Hollywood scene in an attempt to become the next “it” girl. Here are some of our top contenders for 2007.
5. Kim Kardashian. The daughter of the late O.J. Simpson trial attorney, Robert Kardashian, made a splash on the Hollywood scene this year, hitting up hot spots with sometime BFF Paris Hilton (who thanked her in the liner notes of her album). Sheâ€™s been linked romantically with Nick Lachey and Nick Cannon, and the 26-year-old with a booty to rival J.Loâ€™s promises to hang around in the spotlight through 2007.
4. Leona Lewis. The Londoner sang her way onto the radar on both sides of the pond as she sailed to victory on the U.K.â€™s X Factor. She won over the heart of American gossip blogger Perez Hilton, who ran YouTube clips of her on his website regularly. It is rumored that, after she took the X Factor crown, Whitney Houston herself called to congratulate her. This young woman promises to be a fixture on the American and British music scenes in the next year.
3. Ashley Tisdale. This 21-year-old was rocketed to fame with the surprise success of Disneyâ€™s High School Musical. Sheâ€™s been spotted at a range of Hollywood parties, but has generally stayed out of the gossip pages. Look for that to change next year, as the release of her solo album in February and the summer release of High School Musical 2 raise her profile.
2. Katharine McPhee. Another product of a television talent competition, American Idol runner-up Kat McPhee graced the pages of far more magazines than its winner, gray-haired Taylor Hicks. The 22-year-old, who began the competition with a quiet, homely look, has transformed into a total sexpot, with a series of commanding photo shoots and personal interviews. Her eponymous debut album will be released in January of next year, and you can expect to see and hear much more of this young woman.
1. Hayden Panettiere. This 17-year-old stunner has been around on the soap scene for a while, but she made her mark this year on the mainstream as the cheerleader in need of saving on NBCâ€™s hit Heroes. Sheâ€™s dated Laguna Beachâ€™s Stephen Colletti, and her debut album, produced by Britney Spears paramour J.R. Rotem, will be released in the spring of next year. Sheâ€™s talented and sheâ€™s adorable, and, with any luck, itâ€™ll turn out she has a drinking problem, too, because this girl is definitely one to watch in 2007.