And you are not going to believe this: “Missy” McCarthy was the senior voted Most Punk.
McCarthy explains that she had been totally preppy, in that very 1980s way—you know, cheerleading, student council, tennis—until the fateful year she returned from summer vacation with blue Kate Gosselin hair. She also wore turtleneck sweaters safety-pinned together as pants (“My mom loved it! And so did the nuns”).
I filched this video from the Hairpin, and I really recommend taking a look at the lively comments section there—especially if you wore JNCO jeans in the 1990s.
November 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm by Jenn
I get that Anderson Cooper is exhausted by the Kardashian family—I do—but every once in awhile, Cooper totally zings Wolf Blitzer, and I’m just like, Anderson! For real! You’re out of control!
November 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm by Jenn
I gathered that Anderson thinks Courtney‘s a trashy, rotten pumpkin-head with a mad facial tic. And I’ve realized, I’m totally OK with that and, as always, I agree whole-heartedly with what the Silver Fox has to say.
Love you, Anderson!
October 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm by Sarah
Did you know that there are people in the world who have never tried coffee? Or spinach? ‘Cause there are. And our boy Anderson Cooper happens to be one of them. I know, I know; you’re probably thinking, “He’s how old and he’s never tried one of the largest-consumed beverages in the world?” I was blown away, too. I mean, I know plenty of people who dislike coffee, but have at least tried it at a younger age than 44.
See, I disagree about his immense dislike of coffee, as I’m a coffee fanatic myself and yes, I do drink it daily, but spinach? Oh my. Spinach probably tops my list of most-hated foods, next to any animal anatomy like liver, tripe and the like.
What foods do you detest? Are you coffee fans? Spinach fans? And probably most importantly, doesn’t Anderson Cooper just make the most wonderful faces?
September 30, 2011 at 10:30 am by Sarah
It looks like it really is a crazy world, friends. Anderson Cooper and Snooki, tanning buddies? What’s next, Oprah getting a makeover from J Woww? Glenn Beck getting all roided up with Ronnie? Bill O’Reilly letting loose and cutting up with Deena? I could go on for the rest of the night, but I’ll stop so you can simply bask in the glow that is Anderson Cooper.
September 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm by Emily
Anderson Cooper, right? This man is damn near perfect in my book. He has a good head on his shoulders, he’s so adorable, and he’s sort of a hero. Anderson Cooper is all of the good things, and that’s why we all need to learn so much more about him!
From Anderson Cooper via Us Weekly via Celebitchy:
1. I started going gray in college.
2. I wish I still had brown hair.
3. I love my Real Housewives of Atlanta and Beverly Hills. Miami, not so much.
4. I met Charlie Chaplin when I was 6. I have a photo, but no actual memory of it.
5. I’m very disorganized.
6. Shopping for clothes makes my head hurt.
7. I work out nearly every day. Yes, I know how annoying that sounds.
8. I love fast food.
9. I need to eat better.
10. I collected toy solders when I was young.
11. I became a reporter by going to wars by myself with a camera and a fake press pass.
12. I’ve been addicted to TV since I was little.
13. I was a Dungeons and Dragons geek when I was young. I spent a lot of time indoors.
14. I can fall asleep anywhere at any time.
15. I was a child model. Embarrassing!
16. I don’t drink any hot liquids. No tea, no coffee.
17. Oddly, my favorite ice cream flavor is coffee.
18. I don’t wear sunglasses, no matter how bright out it is.
19. I struggled with sydlexia as a child.
10. Chocolate chip cookies make me happy.
21. I can’t sing, and won’t try.
22. I like to dance, but never on TV.
23. I’ve bitten my nails for as long as I can remember.
24. I am a dog person and have a dog named Molly, but I’ve recently discovered cats are OK too.
25. I like to assume the best about people, until I am proven wrong.
Oh, Anderson. My favorite is the one where he played Dungeons and Dragons. Or the one with the cookies. Or the toy soldiers. Oh, who am I kidding, I can’t choose! I love it all!
What’s your favorite thing that you did or didn’t know about this magical man?