Angelina Jolie doesn’t want to hide anymore.
The “Maleficent” actress, who filed for divorce from Brad Pitt last September, is ready to reintroduce herself and her six children to the world following a tumultuous year.
“I think they’re itching to get out in the world again,” Jolie told People magazine. “We’ve all been a bit in lockdown and going through some things. I think it would be good to get out there and play together.”
Despite the 42-year-old star’s tough year, she always put her children first.
“I have had my ups and downs. I guess I am a little bit stronger,” she said. “We all have our difficult times, but as a mother you also have a responsibility first and foremost towards the kids. They are going through their formative years and everything else comes second to that.”
Pitt, 53, gave his side of the story in a tell-all interview with GQ Style earlier this year, taking responsibility for his vices while simultaneously saving his image after child abuse allegations and investigations plagued him. Now, both Pitt and Jolie are making sure their kids are the priority, especially given their careers that take them all over the world.
“Everything will be around the children. I haven’t worked for over a year now because they needed me home. Everything was just stopped,” she said, despite working in Cambodia directing her new Netflix film, “First They Killed My Father,” which will be released on Netflix this Friday.
“I’m really sitting and talking with them because everything affects them. Every location, every type of project, I’m going to have to adjust it to however much they can handle.”