The last time we heard from Charlie Sheen, he was defending Brian Williams’ honour and clearly hitting the narcotics pretty hard again. It seems that may have been behind his call to 911 on Monday night, as a case of extreme food poisoning overtook him and he had to be rushed to hospital.
Charlie Sheen had a medical emergency Monday night … paramedics were called to his home after getting a call the actor had a bad case of food poisoning.
We’re told Charlie (or one of his people) called the fire department directly at around 11:00 PM Monday. It’s curious why they didn’t call 911 directly, which by the way, automatically records the conversation.
Sheen’s people tell TMZ it was nothing more than a really, really bad case of food poisoning and the actor was treated in his home and that was that.
TMZ updated their report with more details shortly after, saying that Sheen had been complaining of chest pain and he was treated for dehydration before being released from hospital roughly 90 minutes after arriving.
Stay off the drugs, kids. Let Charlie Sheen be your example.