7Why Do Critics Hate Seth MacFarlane Now?

seth macfarlane

Seth MacFarlane got a lot of backlash from viewers and critics when he hosted the Oscars. Thankfully he is not coming back to host this year. I say “thankfully” not because I hated him, but because I was so sick of hearing about how much people hated him.

So perhaps Mr. MacFarlane is already on thin ice with TV critics and they’re just waiting to tear into him. Their time has come. McFarlane’s new sitcom, Dads, starring Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi, is getting a Whitney-style beatdown. Here’s what some reviews are saying (via the L.A. Times):

“If the two whiny sons and their equally unlikable fathers aren’t enough to push you away, the boorish childishness of the show’s obvious efforts to offend should do the trick.” — USA Today

“Material that is meant to be anarchic mostly comes across as obvious and boorish.” — The New York Times

“A dog of a show…[Grade] F.” — A.V. Club

Are you going to watch? I hear that next week’s episode is going to be a really good one…I’ll say no more. But check it out.

Follow us on Twitter | Facebook

September 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm by Catherine St. Ives
Filed Under: Seth MacFarlane

7 Responses to “Why Do Critics Hate Seth MacFarlane Now?”

I gotta agree with ya people need to shut the hell up about MacFarlane if ya don’t like his shows or his humor just don’t watch and I think he was good as the host of the Oscars that show sucks so bad every yr and it will suck again without him.

2. lana says:

I love family guy and i gave dads a change. It was way worse than i thought. Overacting and just not funny!

Ya me too love SEth animated couldn’t watch past 1st commercial of “Dads” I hope Catherine is right about episode 2.

4. Gordon Guano says:

The Onion A.V. Club can’t say enough nice things about Arrested Development, a show only slightly less funny than watching your only child die of leukemia. Sounds like I should give Dads a shot.

5. Breakingjen says:

I tried Dad’s last night, I only made it to the second commercial, actually I think I turned it off before they cut away to the second break. What should have been a great show, Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi could be a dynamite comedy duo, was just awful.

6. cocopuffsaredelicious says:

I don’t know why they went so cheesy with everything. every other line was a dramatic pause for the laugh track to chime in.. i was really disappointed.

7. Mike says:

Seth MacFarlane’s body of work and eventual professional demise may soon provide an answer to the question, “How many rape jokes is too many?”