Katy Perry is still slaying Lady Gaga on the charts and you know someone at MTV is hoping for some conflict, or at least GIF worthy moments between the two, so why not sit them together? Yup, Ms. Perry and Ms. Lady G are assigned side-by-side seats at the VMAs at the Barclays Center (photos via their twitter).
Other notable seat buddies are Robin Thicke and Miley, and Kanye West and Justin Timberlake. There are rumors that Timberlake will reunite with *NSYNC at the show but I haven’t seen seats for the rest of them, at least not yet. Then again, if it’s meant to be a surprise, they’re not gonna show where they’re sitting.
At least they kept Taylor Swift away from Katy, which is good for Taylor as Katy is back with John Mayer. In case you forgot, John Mayer also banged Taylor Swift.
This is gonna be…Fun. indeed. (PUN!!!!!!)
This is some creepy horror movie stuff right here. Jennifer Lopez has a very dedicated stalker. How dedicated? He lived in Ms. Lopez’s pool house for a few days without anyone realizing he was there. Um, that may be a sign that you have way too much money if your house/property is so big that you don’t realize someone is secretly living in your backyard. Just saying. More deets from TMZ:
According to Southampton police, 49-year-old John M. Dubis basically moved in to J.Lo’s $10 million pad sometime in early August.
He reportedly walked around the estate freely, hanging out openly in view of neighbors… and even posted Facebook photos of himself all over the grounds … before police finally busted him on Aug. 8.
[...] Jennifer was not home, but the shocking part is security guards were patrolling the property.
Of course, you have to remember the 8,500 sq. foot home sits on 3 acres — and it’s a decent hike out to the pool house from the main quarters.
He posted photos on FACEBOOK of him camped out at Chateau Lopez? WORST STALKER EVER. Idiot. And also worst security guards ever. You had one job, security. ONE JOB.
But now I get why Taylor Swift’s security was so strict. At least she has a sense of humor about it.
Sofia Coppola sums up everything people love or hate about young female filmmakers and fashionistas. Her films are about spoiled and/or depressed young women set to indie music or classic old tunes. She was the face of Marc Jacobs. She was born into Hollywood royalty. People are either fans of hers, or anti-fans — it’s hard to find a middle ground.
So if you love her, you’ll appreciate this list of her favorite things, and if you hate her, it will confirm everything you already hate about her. She spoke with The Wall Street Journal about the objects on her bookshelf and what they mean to her.
Here’s a rundown of her favorite things.
– Pink peonies. (“…my favorite flowers; they remind me of my mother’s garden in Napa, where I grew up.”) The vase they are in was a gift to her aunt given to her from someone working on Apocalypse Now (you know, Sofia’s dad’s film).
– A yellow Pelican camera case. (“…a gift from the camera crew on my film Somewhere.”)
– Photos of her daughter in a photo cube. (“… a gift from photographer Andrew Durham—it’s got pictures of my daughter from a trip to Morocco and Portugal when she was a toddler.”)
– A Contax T3 camera.
– Sofia Sparkling Wine, from her dad’s winery. (“When I was a kid he told me he would produce a vintage for me when I turned 21.”)
– The giant cherries, a prop from a Louis Vuitton display in an LA Vuitton store. (“when they were taking the display down I asked if I could have them.”)
– A photo of Charlotte Rampling. (“a present from the photographer Helmut Newton, whom I love. I’d written a piece about the image for Vogue, and he sent it to me after he read it.”)
– Framed artwork by Ed Ruscha. (It reads “Cold Beer Beautiful Girls”).
– A Steiff bear. (It’s a mohair teddy bear.)
It’s all what you’d expect. A lot of expensive things and a lot of humblebrags. But it makes sense. What else would you get from Sofia Coppola? A vase from Target and fake flowers from Michaels?
Total estimated cost if you’re not Sofia Coppola = $16,400.
Still way cheaper than Gwyneth’s favorite spring outfits.