Drake hasn’t really wanted to get into the whole Amanda Bynes thing. I don’t blame him. Bynes has an infatuation with Drake that she made very clear on Twitter. In the past she’s Tweeted (in order from earliest to most recent):
- “I want Drake to murder my vagina.”
- “Loving far apart eyes @draketwitpic.com/cmzggb”
- “Hot to the left and Ugly @drake to the right twitpic.com/cn1np1″
- “I’m sorry about the tweets I said about @drake I didn’t mean what I said. I hope to become friends with him instead of smashing him!”
- “They airbrushed @drake to make his eyes look like he doesn’t have down syndrome!”
- “@drake looks like shit both ways! I don’t like him so stop thinking I do!”
- “The only person uglier than @drake is his mom”
- “drake is gorgeous”
And yes, these are all IN ORDER. Of course now we realize that Amanda’s got some actual serious issues (I don’t mean that in a flippant way; there are reports she may be schizophrenic) so at the time, no one knew what the hell was going on with her odd Drake obsession. “I love you I hate you I love you I hate you I love you.” It’s like Shakespeare. Reading her tweets in this order makes it pretty clear now that something was wrong, but you could have also seen it as someone trying to get attention. We know now it was the former.
But the whole point of this is that throughout Amanda’s Twitter Drakefest 2013, he’s said nothing about it. Until now. In an interview with XXL magazine, Drake answered the Bynes Twitter question. From XXL:
I don’t even know who that is doing that or what that’s about. If that is her, I guess it’s a little weird and disturbing. It’s obviously a behavioral pattern that is way bigger than me. Whoever is behind it, whether it’s her or somebody else, they know people are paying attention so they keep it going.
I’m guessing he hasn’t heard the latest in Bynes news. He’s probably so over her so he hasn’t been keeping up. But I wonder what he would think now, if he knew everything about her current situation.