18I Love You, Hilary Duff, But You’re Not a Size 2 Yet, I’m Sorry

See this picture? This is a photo of Hilary Duff, and it was taken this past weekend during a shopping trip. Which means it was recent within a few days. Let me take you to another photo that Hilary herself Tweeted over the last few days, which shows a nice pair of Rag and Bone jeans—in a size 26, which I hear is about a US size 2:

And here’s the Tweet that went along:

Yaaaa bitches! @gabejohns your kickin my ass and its paying off! Skinny jeans! LETS GO!

And while she looks gorgeous, and frankly, doesn’t need to lose any more weight, there is no way that she’s a size two. She just isn’t. And striving to be a size 2, in my humblest of opinions, might be a little much on Hilary. She’s not naturally built like Kate Moss—and I think a 26 is going to be way too small for Hilary if, indeed, that’s what her goal size is. This is what Hilary looked like at her thinnest (and definitely not her best):

Let sleeping dogs lie, girl. Let ‘em lie.

December 4, 2012 at 2:30 pm by Sarah
Filed Under: Hilary Duff

18 Responses to “I Love You, Hilary Duff, But You’re Not a Size 2 Yet, I’m Sorry”

1. kimcheee says:

At her skinniest, she might have been a size 2. She’s delusional right now. I agree – it should NOT be her goal – to be a size 2. Stupid. Be happy and embrace life. Sexier than being a size 2. (I’m 5’9″, 47 and a size 4…..which is a size larger than I was at her age….so I know.)

2. kimcheee says:

She looks like a size 8 in that new pic. A sexy, womanly size 8.

3. Size Police says:

She’s 5’1″. Someone at that height can fit into much smaller sizes because they are physically smaller than someone who is, say, 5’6″ like Kate Moss.

Kate Moss’s size 2 will look different than Hilary Duff’s.

• Alicia says:

You’re absolutely right. Still, I’d peg her at a 27 or 28. Which can actually very well be a US size 2 these days ( as numerical sizes mean nothing anymore, since they’re very far from standardized).

4. puddin says:

Two years ago I lost a ton of weight and was a size 2. Now, I’m back up at a size 8 and I can still fit into one or two of my size 2′s jeans….I think they stretched out as I grew, which is pretty funny but they say “2″ and I am no longer a 2, but I wear them…. so. Just goes to show that labels really mean nothing. As we already knew, thanks to nearly every star who claims she’s a size 2 or whatever (Kirstie Alley and Kim Kardashian come to mind).

5. meh says:

She didn’t look very good when she was super thin anyways. I think she looks awesome as she is right now. I hope it’s not her goal to get back down to that tiny weight she previously had.

6. Jenn says:

Size 2-4 , depending on the brand is believable. It’s hard to see her waist. Sure, she looks larger on top, but some women get top heavy with pregnancy and breastfeeding and PLUS she’s wearing a giant bulky sweater that hides a lot. people can store fat in many different places. She could have a more full face but smaller butt and legs. Who knows for sure unless she posts a pic of herself in a bikini. Her bottom pic looks more like a 0.

7. Steph says:

I have two kids, and I’m a size 2. I’m 5’7 125, so I believe it, since she’s shorter and has a smaller body frame than I do, I’m sure.

8. Steph says:

Also, stop hatin’! Who cares about her size. She’s excited about dropping the pounds, so let it go.

9. casey says:

She could be a 2. I wear anything from a 2 to 8, depending on the brand, & they all fit the same.

Also, technically – she never said the jeans fit. For all we know that could have been an “on my way” goal pic…

10. missthannnggg says:

I believe it. She has a smaller lower body and a bigger upper body. She’s like an upside down pear shape.

11. rose says:

what she looks like she is a full size 2, definitely not more than a size 4, this is what these sizes actually look like. and the photo where she looks super thin is probably a size 0, if not a double 0. this is what these sizes look like, people fail to see this because they either do not know their true size, or because of their own heavy weight do not believe it. and the most obvious factor, is the angle of the photo. that is the worst angle to photograph legs

12. martha says:

she looked gorgeous when she was skinny .the best legs ever

13. KatiePie says:

She looks about a size 2-4 to me. I believe her. I’m a size 27 for jeans and she looks about a 26.

14. Liz says:

She’s definitely a size 2 – 4 (if they’re skinny size 2 will work). And now she looks much skinnier, maybe a 2 or 0.

I’m from eastern Europe, where theoretically size 2 is an S (0 – XS) but this translates to most girls as an M. I’m petite and I consider myself a bit on the extra side on a 2.

15. Leslie willard says:

Im 5’1 1/2 and weigh 110 pounds. I physically look much smaller than hilary in the recent pic. I also only rarely fit in size 2′s. Im mostly 3-5. I love hilary but shes not a size 2 yet. Thats my goal 2 hil! <3

Guys she’s SHORT. I’m 5’2, 127, definitely thicker but I wear a size 26.