6Love It or Leave It: Pink’s the New Face of Cover Girl

Hey, did you hear? Pink is the new face ambassador for Cover Girl! That’s right, Pink (real name: Alecia Beth Moore, homegrown from the Philadelphia area, not far from where I grew up myself) is joining the ranks of chicks like Tyra Banks, Molly Sims, Faith Hill, Queen Latifah, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, and Drew Barrymore, just to name a few. And what prestige! Do you guys remember this commercial? Even a little bit, maybe?:

Because come on! Cover Girl’s been on the scene for ages! And now Pink’s their timely representative! Yeah, girl!

The best part about it is that Pink is just looking amazing, and confident, and she knows it. Here’s another shot in case you didn’t already think that Pink is just f-cking amazing-looking:

I mean, yeah. Her music’s not all that wonderful (it’s, at the very least, not my cup of tea), but she’s got a massive personality to make up for that fact. Plus, her sweet little family and adorable little baby. Girl is working it these days.

What do you guys think about Pink’s look?

View Results
August 7, 2012 at 12:30 pm by Sarah
Filed Under: Pink

6 Responses to “Love It or Leave It: Pink’s the New Face of Cover Girl”

1. Chuck says:

Looks like they made her cover up those idiotic tattoos.

2. Angry Pirate says:

Hm. I wonder how being a CoverGirl spokesperson conflicts with her POWERGURLLLL animal activist PETA stance? (Of course, they made a fool out of her (PETA) in the past, so maybe she is no longer affiliated.)

Let’s also not forget “Dear Mr. President”. Is CoverGirl looking to lose half of its clients? That is a very daring choice for CoverGirl/Proctor & Gamble.

*looks at demographics for CoverGirl* Ah.

Young (18-24) middle-class black women with kids and no college.

Still. It is a really risky choice; especially in an election year.

3. mcmiller says:

She went to CB West–something one of my cousins couldn’t get over (my cousin went to East). Where did you grow up, Sarah?

• Sarah says:

A bit a ways from Philadelphia, but still in the general region. I grew up in Scranton, PA (yes, home of The Office and not much else, lol).

4. lease says:

I think she makes a great positive role model/look for a beauty brand – showing you don’t have to be the cookie-cutter type to be beautiful

5. blasted1 says:

Cover…Girl?! Looks way more like CoverGuy!