DeFalco and Wozniak (long-time friends of Sage Stallone) say Stallone routinely took prescription medications like Vicodin and Xanax for anxiety and other issues, and they warned him to be careful. “He’d done this on and off for as long as I knew him,” Wozniak says. “I’m certain he was addicted to those medications.”
Investigators confirm that there were large, empty prescription drug bottles when they found Sage’s body, but they are awaiting results of toxicology exams before saying how he died.
Stallone family friends say the grief-stricken screen star saw no indications that his son had a prescription drug problem.
So remember the “white, powdery stuff” that we last talked about that supposedly at the scene of Sage’s death? If the prescription meds rumor is true, then I’m betting that the white, powdery substance probably was crushed-up medications, rather than cocaine or something illegal. Yikes.
I know that Sage’s mother, Sasha Czack, was all about claiming that his medication-taking was all based on a really nasty dental surgery for awhile, but if his friends are posthumously outing him as someone who recreationally took prescription medications as a means of ending anxiety, then I suppose his death didn’t come as much of a surprise at all to those people who knew this.
No matter how you slice it, the situation’s really, really sad. And it says a lot about the rampant use of prescription pain medications and anti-anxiety pills that are just so freely available these days. Something’s got to be done about that, but that’s probably a post for another day.
What a mess.