9Prince Releases A New Album In A Really Silly Way

Good news:  you can get Prince’s new album for free this Saturday when you buy a copy of The Mirror!

Bad news:  that’s pretty much the only way you can get it.

Prince doesn’t go in for things like iTunes, and he refuses to let videos that feature his music exist on Youtube.  You might be thinking “Prince, why are you letting your characteristic eccentricity stop you from selling tons more albums on the internet?”  It’s cool if you are, because Prince went ahead and answered that question for you:

“The internet’s completely over. I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it. The internet’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”

Thanks for letting us know, Prince!  Sorry, you guys, I’m gonna have to end this article, my head’s just swimming with all these numbers!  I better force them out by listening to some creepy song about Salma Hayek!

July 6, 2010 at 11:02 am by Emily
Filed Under: Prince

9 Responses to “Prince Releases A New Album In A Really Silly Way”

1. Shayna Monique says:

that doesn’t sound like something Prince would say..

2. nic says:

hmm.. ive been a huge prince fan since forever. but man, he lost it! he used to be cool, darring, and free. now he is a SLAVE to his silly idead and religion. Wake UP PRINCE and smell the coffe! Life is much better when you are TRUELY FREE

3. evilbeetdouche says:

I just checked. OMG, Prince is right, the Internets just quit.

4. Sadie says:

I’ve always loved Prince & his music. I saw him perform at the Joe Lewis Arena on his Purple Rain tour back in the day…he rocked it. But for a while now hes been kinda weird. I actually read about this yesterday somewhere else (I KNOW!) and have thought to myself ever since, that someone in his inner circle will make BIG MONEY selling an unauthorized bio once Prince has passed away. Talk about JUICY!

The %^& formerly known as the internet.

6. beth says:

Ive been a fan since he had his afro. No matter what Prince does thats what make him. Human,private,different-good.

7. I really wanted to share this particular article, “Prince Releases A New Album In A Really Silly Way

Today’s Celebrity Gossip from Evil Beet Gossip” with my best good friends on facebook .com. Ibasically needed to pass on ur wonderful writing! Thx, Alisa