Wendie mentioned it earlier in the day, but our queen Evil Beet is celebrating her birthday today, make sure you give her some Twitter Love or comment on how much you appreciate her in your life! She’s the hardest working woman in show business and it’s important to be nice every once in awhile, if only to switch things up.
In her honor, I’d like to present:
Ten Things You Might Not Have Known about The Evil Beet
1. She once worked for Leroy’s Big House o’ Warplanes. She’s shaken Buzz Aldrin’s hand. And she once complained to me, re: Live Free or Die Hard, that F-35 planes weren’t operational yet, and thus shouldn’t have been in the movie.
2. She’s a dynamo at code and has a degree in computer science. Which is scary given she’s a tremendous writer too.
3. She once had a boyfriend who ended statements with .net. As in “I think I’m hungry… .net.”
4. Her mom is super tiny. But great too. Funny and warm, she’s a poquito dynamo. I’ve asked her to adopt me and I think she’s considering it.
5. Her sister works on an UNDERWATER SPACE STATION!! It’s like what they send into space, but 1,000 feet underwater. Beat that! (Note: I may not have all my facts straight on this one)
6. Her Grandpa Sam is in better shape than me. And you.
7. The bikini logo came from the fact that “Evil Beet” originally became her nickname because of a sunburn.
8. She was named after a Joan Baez song. And she was damn near named Charly!
9. Two years ago she was thrilled when she was doing 1/30th of the web traffic she’s doing now. So you can see world domination isn’t too far off…
10. She’s a lovely human and good friend. She puts herself out there daily for everyone to pass judgment on, she’s painfully honest, and she works hard at her chosen profession.
And when it snows her eyes become large and the light which she shines can be seen…
Happy Birthday Beet! You are beloved.
xoxo – lars