11Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick Taken for a Ride

56155564kevinbacon1230200853037pm

Kevin Bacon’s rep, Allen Eichorn, confirms that his client and wife Kyra Sedgwick are victims of Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.  There have been rumors that they lost everything except their checking account.  Normally, I’d find that hard to believe.  Bacon was smart enough not to make a Footloose 2 and I’d like to think he’d be smart enough to not entrust his fortune to any one human being.   Eichorn responded to the rumors by saying  “Please, let’s not speculate or rely on hearsay.”  Seriously, that doesn’t sound too reassuring.

December 30, 2008 at 4:18 pm by Wendie

11 Responses to “Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick Taken for a Ride”

1. Alan says:

Hopefully, it is NOT true. From what I have read about them on other sites, they are two of the sweetest and least phoney people in Hollywood.

2. amanda says:

aww :( what is it with these celebrities getting fucked over lately?

hope you’re feeling better, wendie!

3. thatLisa says:

“Bacon was smart enough not to make a Footloose 2″

hahahhaa so true so true

4. mambaX says:

They could have trusted their fortune indirectly
    to numerous people
    who were dealing with the same organization
    and this is why some banking facilities are going down,
    it’s a scheme just like a pyramid
    and wonderful until some start having losses
    instead of profit,
    it’s happening worldwide, that’s why it took so long
    to have negative effects,
    but now it’s going down like a quake,
    and I don’t expect it to get better
    until mid 2010

5. jgirl says:

My mother’s friend was talked into giving up her entire 401K to Madoff…she was a nurse for over 30 years and busted her ass…now she has NADA! I can’t even imagine the rage I would feel.
    Oh and BTW…she was talked into it by a very well known executive for a very well known sports team in NY…so don’t even dare call her stupid!!!

• anon says:

Interesting that she was duped by a sports exec. After the economy started really collapsing and average people started losing everything, multiple athletes signed ridiculously huge contracts. I wonder where all that money is going to come from. Perhaps your nurse friend is paying A-Rod’s salary. How lucky for her. The sports world (as of now) seems to be the only one immune to this current financial climate. Even actors and investment bankers who used to ride high are eating shit at the moment. You gotta wonder.

• Chuck says:

@Anon,

I thought I was the only one who noticed that professional athletes don’t seem to be affected like everyone else. I have a feeling that they’re due for a comeuppance once attendance and TV commercial revenues start plummeting.

6. Just Saying says:

I saw Kevin recently talking about his charity named Six Degrees or something like that. Quite a few humanitarian groups were flatlined this way.

7. jemms says:

I looooove the dress; the colour is fantastic!

8. I really liked your blog! Praise Bacon and Hallelujah :)

9. Ike Nash says: