9Keisha Castle-Hughes Pops Out That Kiddo

keisha.jpg

Keisha Castle-Hughes, the Oscar-nominated star of Whale Rider, made waves last year when she announced that she was pregnant at the age of 16, by her boyfriend of three years, who was 19 at the time. Castle-Hughes gave birth to Felicity-Amore in New Zealand on Wednesday. Both mother and baby are doing well.

Castle-Hughes talked recently about the controversy surrounding her young pregnancy in an interview with Television New Zealand. “I felt like I had to hide,” she said. “I felt like it was bad for me to be happy about it.”

The young actress also made quite a splash at age 13, when she was the youngest person ever nominated for the Best Actress Oscar for her role in 2002′s Whale Rider. Dakota Fanning, darling, you’re slacking. You need an Oscar nod and a boyfriend stat.

April 30, 2007 at 11:18 am by Evil Beet

9 Responses to “Keisha Castle-Hughes Pops Out That Kiddo”

1. BC says:

It’s too bad there was even a controversy. Young moms are and can be wonderful–not all act like Britney Spears– I’ve no doubt Keisha will be a wonderful mom.

2. pickle says:

Uh….statutory rape anyone??

3. sarah says:

yeah it’s fine and good to say she’ll be a good mom — but come on — she’s tossing YEARS of fucking off and being a kid down the drain. blah.

4. BigBaby says:

Did any of you see the nip slip pictures of her on trailerparc.com, I guess because she’s underage they are under investigation….serves em right

5. Kat says:

Uh… no, pickle. The age of consent in NZ is 16.

6. bear in bmore says:

ummm shes really young, shes my age actually good luck to her anyway

7. Elmer says:

hola , eres hemosa , bien por ti , eres genial , sigue asi y me seguiras quitando los sueños , bay

8. jeni says:

Dakota Fanning is fine just the way she is. She does not need the drama this girl has

9. Hey, I just hopped over to your site via StumbleUpon. Not somthing I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thanks for making something worth reading.